uniqs

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

1 edit

1 recommendation

Mike Wolf

Whats the big deal?

I fail to see why all of you is making a big deal out of it. If the router wasn't set to auto update, there wouldn't be a problem even though what happened isn't a problem.
All I've read here is people bitching and complaining and throwing gasoline on the fire by those who don't even own an affected Cisco product. Wow. Way to abuse the right to free speech our forefathers would be proud (insert sarcasm and headshaking)

pianotech
Pianotech
Premium Member
join:2002-12-30
New Castle, PA

pianotech

Premium Member

said by Mike Wolf:

I fail to see why all of you is making a big deal out of it. If the router wasn't set to auto update, there wouldn't be a problem even though what happened isn't a problem.
All I've read here is people bitching and complaining and throwing gasoline on the fire by those who don't even own an affected Cisco product. Wow. Way to abuse the right to free speech our forefathers would be proud (insert sarcasm and headshaking)

Yep. Some people aren't happy unless they're miserable. FWIW, I really doubt Cisco cares about tracking any of you. I'm sure they have better things to do than see if one of us checks out Disney now and then. Personally I like the idea of being able to access my router and local network remotely. Who really cares about the collection of aggregate data? I don't. Here's what Cnet had to say about it. »reviews.cnet.com/network ··· 243.html
pianotech

pianotech to Mike Wolf

Premium Member

to Mike Wolf
I bet in a few days all will realize that the sky is not falling after all.
b00st3d
join:2004-06-12
New Orleans, LA

b00st3d to Mike Wolf

to Mike Wolf
there are definitely issues with the new firmware. i had extreme latency problems on both wired and wireless connections which were all fixed by downgrading to the previous firmware. if you look at the cisco home forums, every other thread is people having problems with the new firmware. cisco obviously knows about the issues, why else would they provide instructions on rolling back to the old firmware?!

»www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/u ··· donelr=1

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to pianotech

to pianotech
well it looks like pcworld picked up on this »www.pcworld.com/business ··· ers.html