how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

crabboy

join:2012-06-29
Henderson, NV

Walmart Special

Is the walmart $20 special still available to new accounts? Old accounts?

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
Should be until July 4, 2012.

Note that July 4 it becomes grandfathered and you can't switch away from it or you will loose it.

It does not include 4G(wimax) access it is 3G only.

laserfan

join:2005-01-14
Texas
reply to crabboy
said by crabboy:

Is the walmart $20 special still available to new accounts? Old accounts?

What is "the walmart $20 special"?

crabboy

Henderson, NV
The Walmart special is 1 gig over one month for $20. Only available to those who bought their device from Walmart. Great for those who do little browsing or downloading, mostly email. Non-walmart buyers get 500 meg for $20.

crabboy

Henderson, NV
reply to dib22
Thank you. My Father does very little downloading or browsing, mostly emailing. This plan will be great for him.

laserfan

join:2005-01-14
Texas
reply to crabboy
said by crabboy:

The Walmart special is 1 gig over one month for $20. Only available to those who bought their device from Walmart. Great for those who do little browsing or downloading, mostly email. Non-walmart buyers get 500 meg for $20.

Thanks, I didn't know; thought you might be talking about a 3G device or something.

crabboy

Henderson, NV
The 3G devices are disappearing from Walmart. If that looks like a doable option, I'd buy now.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
reply to crabboy
Do you buy a $20 broadband card at Wal-Mart and apply it, or do you add airtime online in your acct mgmt.

What differentiates it being bought at Walmart?

dib22

Kansas City, MO
said by compuguybna:

What differentiates it being bought at Walmart?

The ESN/MEID.

You can use whatever payment method you want... until July 4 it just has a plan option that doesn't appear on units that you bought elsewhere.

dib22

Kansas City, MO

1 edit
reply to crabboy
Just an update the new signage in the walmart today for the VM products still lists the $20 1GB plan so it looks like it survived the changes.

It states:

$20 30 days
1GB 3G
N/A 4G

So appears it will still be available to units purchased at wallie world.

crabboy

Henderson, NV
reply to compuguybna
I assume it's written into the software of units sold by Walmart. The $20 option appears in the plan choice window. It would be interesting to know if it's still available (Post 7/4).