uniqs
share rss forum feed

Madcap
Baby's on Fire
Premium
join:2004-06-26
Fpo, AP

[Anime] Recommend something for me?

Now that my weekly fix of Bleach is done, sadly, I feel the need to grab some more anime. I don't care if it's new or old but I would like to hear some suggestions. I am going to help! Some of my favorite animes are:

•s-CRY-ed
•Bleach
•Trigun
•Chrome Shelled Regios
•Ergo Proxy
•Hellsing
•Blood+
•FullMetal Alchemist
•Ghost in The Machine (All of it)

I'm trying to watch Code Gaess: Lelouch of the Rebellion but I'm having codec issues. I have the CoalGirls recommended madVR setup, CCCP, Haali Media Splitter, DivX 8.0, and Xvid. Even so I still get video freezing and audio progression with video frozen.

That said, it's not all action anime! I do like and own
•Fruits Basket
•Azumanga Diaoh
•FLCL
•Puni Puni Poemi

Not sure where to put Serial Experiments Lain but I love that too. I'm open for suggestions on something. New or old. I'm looking for some anime to watch instead of a lot ofthe US television shows.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

Vandread
Heroic Age
High school of the dead [mature]
Gurren Lagann

Just a few I ave watched recently.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to Madcap

You can watch the first season of Code Geass on Crunchyroll.

Series I would recommend:

Fairy Tail
Gundam - pretty much every series has something to appeal to someone, if you like mecha.
Toradora!
Durarara!!!

There are tons of shows out there for sure. Keep an eye on the "currently watching" threads for info on current series, you might find something there you like as well.

sivran
Opera ex-pat
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
kudos:1
reply to Madcap

You sure your computer's up to the task of playing an oversized HD rip such as the ones CoalGirls puts out?

I use CCCP and Xvid, don't even think I have divx proper installed. It's so rarely used (SD rips are almost always Xvid) after all, and I'm pretty sure Xvid or FFDShow would decode it anyway.

In no particular order:
Elfen Lied
K-On
Fate/Zero (batch was recently added to baka, go get it!, also, way better than Fate/Stay Night)
Angel Beats
And I'll second Gundam -- and note my personal faves are 08th MS Team, Wing, and 00.
--
Think Outside the Fox.

Tenar

join:2008-01-02
Midland, ON
reply to Madcap

I'd say fairy tale would fit in with your likes if you want newer stuff. Otherwise in no particular order, other anime you might like:

Cowboy Bebop
School Rumble
Kenshin
Gungrave
Trigun Badlands Rumble (movie)
Last Exile
Full Metal Panic
Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO)
One Piece
D.Gray-man
Claymore
.hack//sign