share rss forum feed

BiGdUsTy

join:2005-10-20
Panama City Beach, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Knology

Important Information Regarding Your Knology Email Address

Anyone else get this message in e-mail today?

As part of our email auditing guidelines, our system identifies email addresses which are not currently assigned to a Knology account. Our records indicate that your email address is not currently linked to an account in our system, and that you have recently accessed your Knology email account.

In the coming weeks, email addresses not assigned to an account will have their passwords reset, and you will lose access to your Knology email account.

In order to maintain access to your email, we ask that you please call our customer service center at 1-855-441-7822 to speak with a representative, who will assist you in linking your email address to your Knology account.

Thank you for choosing Knology.

I've had my e-mail account with Knology since day one. Now because of there laziness in data entry I have to call and deal with a person to keep it! Guess this is what happens when you farm out your e-mail systems to a third party.

WOW needs to hurry up with this buy out.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member

join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL
Reviews:
·Knology
I haven't received anything here Dusty. Been with them for 12 years now as well using 6 addys. Odd that they cannot figure it out themselves.

Sorta related...

I haven't been able to get email from Sprint thru my knology account. I signed up for new service and pre-ordered some phones early June. I received the order confirmation, a pre-order info email and then a "watch for great offers" email. Nothing since then.

I tried to setup a sprint online account and never received a confirmation email this week. I had them resend it several times and waited overnight. I changed it to my gmail account and it came in instantly. Seems they are having issues with Sprint.com addys. I had something similar with Netflix a couple of years ago - email stopped for a month with them and then started coming in again.

Think I may move all to gmail and forget it.
--
Certified Jenius!

edward

@knology.net
reply to BiGdUsTy
I just got that email today... I'm thinking its bogus. the customer service number doesn't match anything for my area or Atlanta.

BiGdUsTy

Panama City Beach, FL
They just nuked my email account so it's not bogus it seems.

BiGdUsTy

Panama City Beach, FL
reply to BiGdUsTy
A few DM's on twitter and about 4 hours for them to fix it but I have my email back again.

They could have handled this so much better than to just haul off nuking accounts.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member

join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL
Reviews:
·Knology
So.... they give you the email addy, you have to call them to set it up originally... now they wanted YOU to call them so you can manage it for them?!

Why does this sound like they nuked their database and could not repair it all. I hope WoW operates better than this.
--
Certified Jenius!

cwcjr

join:2002-08-02
Huntsville, AL
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·Knology
reply to BiGdUsTy
From experience! Watch your bill!
They messed up my Email addresses wiping out all the history and address book. They added the three (3) of them back, then my next monthly bill came showing a monthtly charge for 3 EXCESS email addresses. I got that straightened out, along with the fact that since they had 'touched' the account to remove optional premium services they upped the monthly rental rate for the equipment. They returned it to the contracted rate...