how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ronsc1985

join:2004-07-07
Manassas, VA

Outage in VH04 Manassas Va

Several channels were not working. The In Home Agent said to reboot the STB. Now the STB will not reboot and the In Home Agent hangs right after the welcome page.

Anyone else having this problem?

Eli

@verizon.net

can't speak to the in home agent, but at 6:30 this morning in Leesburg i was getting a non-response to all channels and message that read "call 866-962-1946". called the number to presumably reboot the STB from their end but when calling i get "all curcuits are busy"

woodbridge

@verizon.net
reply to ronsc1985

Im out in woodbridge also. I tried to reboot but it didnt work. My cell is with verizon and its not working either. Its searching for a network.

ronsc1985

Manassas, VA

Me too. I tried calling the Verizon number with my cellphone and got nothing. Using the land line I did get a connection but the wait for an agent was going to be over 10 minutes so I guess everyone and their brother is calling about no service.

AndrewNewton

join:2003-09-12
Chestnut Hill, MA
reply to ronsc1985

The Dominion power company outage page says close to 1/2 million people without power in Northern Virginia still as of 8.22a after last night's storms. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

anj

@verizon.net
reply to ronsc1985

I am in lake ridge and am having the same issues with my cell and two of my fios boxes. Don't reboot your box cause then you will get nothing. Has anyone called fios? I hate calling them!!!

dumfries220

@rogers.com
reply to ronsc1985

We're experiencing the same problem in Dumfries. Tried to stay on the phone with customer support. I was on hold for more than 30 minutes til I hung up.

E and S

@comcast.net
reply to woodbridge

Glad I saw this. My husband and I are having the same problem with our Verizon phones just searching and searching for service in Old Town Manassas.

Kilt

@verizon.net
reply to AndrewNewton

I live in manassas and cannot make calls with landline or cell phone. Tv is not working either. Have Verizon wireless and fios

linflas

join:1999-08-18
Manassas, VA

In Manassas and same issue, no voice service cell or FiOS, TV was working fine until I tried the local stations. When I tried to troubleshoot that the in home agent rebooted the box and now no TV.

Bsallen83

@verizon.net

We're in Fairfax @ Govt Center, and have the same problems. Rebooting STB only causes it to hang up with no signal.

stevek1949
We're not in Kansas anymore
Premium
join:2002-11-13
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to ronsc1985

It's not just Verizon folks. After the storms last night, lots of services are out in that area. Hampton Roads got a shot at about midnight last night, and there are plenty of outages here.My phone was riging all night from a remote monitoring service for my work. Beautiful this morning,though.

Java

@mycingular.net
reply to ronsc1985

Same problem in Ashburn. I have been holding for over 30 minutes now. I don't anticipate getting through is going to fix this issue so may not hold much longer. 100+ heat and no tv. Looks like we are going to the movies!

mill

@verizon.net
reply to Kilt

i live in manassas (sudley) no home dial tone, no cell phone or tv period. but have internet

Staceyb23

@verizon.net
reply to ronsc1985

Same thing here! I am in Manassas as well phone not working too

chantilly

@verizon.net
reply to Bsallen83

What is really weird is all the services stayed up through the storm...this outage didn't start until way after. When I went to bed at 12:30 everything was working. Woke up at 6:30 and phone and cable were out. I'm just glad we still have internet.

OUTinSR

@verizon.net

Outage here in South Riding - TV and phone out. Internet OK.

HenryR

@verizon.net
reply to chantilly

Same problems in Reston, VA. I had TV service throughout the storm last night. My FIOS TV service went down at 6:30 this morning. I actually reached customer service around 7am. We tried to power the whole system down where the cable enters the house. I forgot I was on a Vonage internet phone so I lost contact with the Tech. I powered back up but they never called me back. No one's answering any of the cust service numbers.

linflas

Manassas, VA

1 edit

said by HenryR :

Same problems in Reston, VA. I had TV service throughout the storm last night. My FIOS TV service went down at 6:30 this morning. I actually reached customer service around 7am. We tried to power the whole system down where the cable enters the house. I forgot I was on a Vonage internet phone so I lost contact with the Tech. I powered back up but they never called me back. No one's answering any of the cust service numbers.

I did online chat with them earlier this AM and they said it was out everythere in VA, took my cell number to text when it was up but cell service is down too so I assume there must be some central point involved with all these different services someplace. I have to also assume that someplace along the line the DVR uses some feature of the Digital Voice piece as my TV was fine other than local channels until a reboot.

One other interesting this is this doesn't seem to be just Verizon, there were some people at our vet this AM that had Comcast phone and their voice was out as well.

JoeMac

@verizon.net
reply to ronsc1985

This storm was strong enough to take down Amazon's cloud data center too - impacted Netflix, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.:

»www.forbes.com/sites/anthonykosn···with-it/

This was a major infrastructure issue. Calling customer service will probably just frustrate you and isn't going to help too much right now. Just sit tight, stay cool, and be safe.

Gidget

@verizon.net
reply to mill

Same here - no cell, land line, tv but have internet!! In Sudley

Vamp9190
Premium
join:2002-02-11
Chantilly, VA
kudos:1
reply to ronsc1985

Yep....same for me in South Riding (Chantilly)....I made the mistake of rebooting 2 boxes.....they are hung up "initializing"....but my main TV is still ok, some channels are working, some are not (like no ESPN). The huge storms last night caused all kinds of havoc. My wife went to the bank this morning, it was closed due to power issues.

markyman

join:2003-10-06
Ashburn, VA
reply to ronsc1985

Seems like my tv service is back now. In leesburg.

ronsc1985

Manassas, VA
reply to ronsc1985

Both TV and cell phone were back up at about 12:45 in Manassas City.

LR

@verizon.net
reply to Vamp9190

Been having the same problems in Lake Ridge all morning. Internet but no TV. Tried everything to no avail, except just now at 12:30PM ish, when I unplugged both router and Cisco 435 DVR, then re-plugged router, waited for internet again, then re-plugged DVR, and TV is back.

Not sure if what I did fixed anything, or Verizon got their network back up, but it's worth a shot. Hope it helps.

chantilly

@verizon.net

Do any of you who had the outage this morning still have landline phone out? Just wondering if I should call it in, or be patient.

ronsc1985

Manassas, VA

In Manassas my land line never went out. That and the internet were the only things working. All is back to normal now except the Version voice mail on the land line which is still out.

linflas

Manassas, VA
reply to chantilly

said by chantilly :

Do any of you who had the outage this morning still have landline phone out? Just wondering if I should call it in, or be patient.

Our voice is still out. I received a text message on my cell saying it would be fixed by 7/3. Hoping that is a very pessimistic estimate.

stevek1949
We're not in Kansas anymore
Premium
join:2002-11-13
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to ronsc1985

From this morning's paper:

Emergencies have been declared in Maryland, West Virginia, Ohio, the District of Columbia and Virginia, where Gov. Bob McDonnell said the state had its largest non-hurricane outage in history, as more storms threatened. "This is a very dangerous situation," the governor said.

Power officials said the outages wouldn't be repaired for several days to a week.

The storm did damage from Indiana to New Jersey, although the bulk of it was in West Virginia, Washington and the capital's Virginia and Maryland suburbs

byramr
Premium
join:2003-08-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to linflas

My DV landline is still out in Dale City, VA. Just FYI, my internet was never out: local TV channels are now OK and cell phone now works.

Robert