spc
uniqs

Kilt
@verizon.net

Kilt to AndrewNewton

Anon

to AndrewNewton

Re: Outage in VH04 Manassas Va

I live in manassas and cannot make calls with landline or cell phone. Tv is not working either. Have Verizon wireless and fios

linflas
join:1999-08-18
Manassas, VA

linflas

In Manassas and same issue, no voice service cell or FiOS, TV was working fine until I tried the local stations. When I tried to troubleshoot that the in home agent rebooted the box and now no TV.

Bsallen83
@verizon.net

Bsallen83

Anon

We're in Fairfax @ Govt Center, and have the same problems. Rebooting STB only causes it to hang up with no signal.

mill
@verizon.net

mill to Kilt

Anon

to Kilt
i live in manassas (sudley) no home dial tone, no cell phone or tv period. but have internet

chantilly
@verizon.net

chantilly to Bsallen83

Anon

to Bsallen83
What is really weird is all the services stayed up through the storm...this outage didn't start until way after. When I went to bed at 12:30 everything was working. Woke up at 6:30 and phone and cable were out. I'm just glad we still have internet.

OUTinSR
@verizon.net

OUTinSR

Anon

Outage here in South Riding - TV and phone out. Internet OK.

HenryR
@verizon.net

HenryR to chantilly

Anon

to chantilly
Same problems in Reston, VA. I had TV service throughout the storm last night. My FIOS TV service went down at 6:30 this morning. I actually reached customer service around 7am. We tried to power the whole system down where the cable enters the house. I forgot I was on a Vonage internet phone so I lost contact with the Tech. I powered back up but they never called me back. No one's answering any of the cust service numbers.

linflas
Manassas, VA

1 edit

linflas

said by HenryR :

Same problems in Reston, VA. I had TV service throughout the storm last night. My FIOS TV service went down at 6:30 this morning. I actually reached customer service around 7am. We tried to power the whole system down where the cable enters the house. I forgot I was on a Vonage internet phone so I lost contact with the Tech. I powered back up but they never called me back. No one's answering any of the cust service numbers.

I did online chat with them earlier this AM and they said it was out everythere in VA, took my cell number to text when it was up but cell service is down too so I assume there must be some central point involved with all these different services someplace. I have to also assume that someplace along the line the DVR uses some feature of the Digital Voice piece as my TV was fine other than local channels until a reboot.

One other interesting this is this doesn't seem to be just Verizon, there were some people at our vet this AM that had Comcast phone and their voice was out as well.

Gidget
@verizon.net

Gidget to mill

Anon

to mill
Same here - no cell, land line, tv but have internet!! In Sudley
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin to Bsallen83

to Bsallen83
said by Bsallen83 :

We're in Fairfax @ Govt Center, and have the same problems. Rebooting STB only causes it to hang up with no signal.

For those without any verizon service, some have suggesting rebooting the ONT. Note you may lose everything, so really suggested only if everything is out.

You need to unplug the power and disconnect the battery. Wait 30 seconds or so that reconnect. Then cross fingers.

linflas
Manassas, VA

1 edit

linflas

Our voice is back on in Manassas. I went out around 1PM and passed a Verizon truck coming into the neighborhood and when I got back the phone was working.

Just from a technical standpoint I am really curious as to what happened. It is interesting that the phone service was out for so long given that the internet service was never out and the TV service was only out as far as the local stations from what I could tell before rebooting my dvr and causing a self imposed TV outage until they corrected whatever issue there was with the locals which seemingly prevented the box from authorizing itself.

byramr
Premium Member
join:2003-08-07
Woodbridge, VA

byramr

Premium Member

My DV service appears to be back. Yesterday I spoke contacts in Washing State and Florida. Contacts in South Riding and Fairfax were somewhat hit and miss. I was pleased that VZ placed automated calls to my DV number twice for me to confirm that I considered my problem fixed. In both cases I said it was. I think my hit and miss experience was related to system problems rather than my line.

Robert