uniqs
share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

Sometimes we talk about moving south, but...

...It was 109 in Nashville yesterday, if it was 109, it would have been at least that where I lived down there. And I had no AC until the last year I was there.

Today it will be 105 there.

Those are desert temps, except it is humid in TN.

And it is only June. Summer just started. Will it exceed that in July or August?

I am very glad to be in CT.

If there IS a global change, eventually people will leave the hot states and dry states and move towards the great lakes. I see such a trend happening over the next 20 years. Its just going to get hotter. Look at the Winter we had, or, was it even Winter?
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1
Yesterday in southern IL and IN it was 105-108F, with dew points generally 60-65. Temps today should be similar, but with dew points 65-70. Heat indices are running 110-115F. Excessive heat warnings are up for the whole region.

Last summer out there felt like I was in Texas. This summer, the weather is more characteristic of New Delhi.

Grumpy
Premium
join:2001-07-28
NW CT
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T Yahoo
reply to signmeuptoo
I work outdoors doing manual labor. I'm very fortunate to have a swimming pond nearby to cool the core. While I love all the seasons here, but it occurred to me at 98 in the shade that it sure beats -20 when things break just from looking too hard at them.

tito
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Chapel Hill, NC
reply to signmeuptoo
I agree with Grumpy. As much as excessive heat is not all that much fun, I'll take it over excessive cold and / or snow any day!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to signmeuptoo
But have you lived in a place that reaches over 110 that has no air conditioning? That could change your mind.

SwedishRider
Rider on the Storm
Premium
join:2006-01-11
not Sweden
kudos:1
reply to signmeuptoo
I was working outside during the earlier part of the day, and it really wasn't too bad. Got out of the sun by about 11am I'd say.

I guess I too would pick this over bone chilling cold given the choice.

Glenn
I'D Rather Be Skiing
Premium
join:2000-10-05
Wallingford, CT
reply to signmeuptoo
I'd take cold over this any day.

cowboyro
Premium
join:2000-10-11
Shelton, CT

1 recommendation

said by Glenn:

I'd take cold over this any day.

I'll take this over cold any day.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to signmeuptoo
5 years in Alaska convinced me that I was more tolerant of heat than cold.

Of course there is global climate change...there always has been, and always will be, no big woof there.

How much of it is influenced by man? Despite all the hoopla, there is no solid proof, however, that does not mean that the temps have not been increasing. I clearly remember all the hysteria in the 1970s that scientists were absolutely certain that we were on our way to the next ice-age...who'da thunk, eh?

I kind of get a chuckle out of this...after all, for most of the history of earth, it would appear that human life would not be supported by earth's climate...I would rather suspect that at some point in the future it will be so again.

I rather imagine that I will be able to live out my life without moving to the shores of Lake Michigan...

P.S. I'm not picking on anyone...just observing...some folks can't stand the heat...I have little tolerance for the cold...go figure
--
Deeds, not words

tito
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Chapel Hill, NC
reply to signmeuptoo
I myself certainly do not see myself moving to the great lake region anytime soon. I have zero tolerance for cold, so that would definitely be a bad move for me. If I were to make a move, it would be OUT of snow country, not deeper into it!