uniqs

Lolthissia
@rr.com

Lolthissia

Anon

Arris TG862 will not broadcast [wifi or thru DLink DGL4500]

Click for full size
Good morning folks.

Last week we changed our phone to Time Warner. We've had Roadrunner for as long as I can remember and havent had too many problems with it.

When they installed the new modem and box, they installed an ArrisTG862. Since they installed it, I have not had ANY wifi capabilities in my house. The modem has an option to "enable wireless" but when I do, nothing happens. The little Wifi light comes on on the modem, but no devices in the house can find the network.

I have one computer directly plugged into it and thats the only one with internet. Even as it's plugged in directly[comp-modem], it will not "show entire map" through my control panel to allow me access to anything on the network panel.

When I connect it to my Dlink DGL4500 it will not recognize the device at all. It continues to tell me "windows cannot discover any computer or device"

Further more, upon resetting the Arris, no passwords are working for me to get into the IP/modem config site. Not even Admin/Password default.

-------

My computer specs are attatched along with the error message from my network folder.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx

Premium Member

When you plug it into your wireless router, be sure to power cycle the cable modem. It locks itself down to the first MAC address (network client) it sees. Since you have phone service it may have a battery. If it does, you may need to remove the battery to get it to fully reset.

RasputinII
@rr.com

RasputinII to Lolthissia

Anon

to Lolthissia
If you want to use your own wireless modem you will need to put the Arris in bridge mode. Call support for that. I understand that you have to use a level 3 tech. They can do that by remote control. (At least that's what they did for me.

I am using a D-Link 632 off an Arris TG852.
UPGRAYEDD
join:2012-01-05
East Syracuse, NY

UPGRAYEDD to Lolthissia

to Lolthissia
There is an update coming this week or next, that will address your wifi issues with this modem.