share rss forum feed

tonytoronto

join:2007-10-31
Toronto, ON
reply to Doeboye

Re: [Cable] Teksavvy Cable Constant Modem Restart [SB6120]

said by Doeboye:

Just a quick "Me Too"!

I haven't gone as far as checking logs, posting in direct forum etc, but symptoms are identical, and problems began when upstream bonding arrived.

I assumed it had to do with enabling upstream bonding and it would sort itself out after a few days... No such luck so far ...

Usually a modem reboot fixes it for awhile... But still irritating. What are our options? Will this need a service call, or a software update from Rogers?

Thanks!
DB

Please get in touch with Teksavvy and maybe you can get ticket open. The more techs Rogers has to send the better chances of getting something fixed.

EGM92

join:2006-01-29
reply to pleco

Just an update:

I noticed that 2 days in row, I've been getting constant connect drops/ modem power cycling at 4:30pm onward. It seems to have stopped for now but it's still going to happen later tonight.

KingNectar

join:2012-07-25
Cambridge, ON
reply to pleco

I, too, have an SB6120 and have been experiencing periodic "drops" in my connectivity starting the evening of 07/15. I'm fairly precise in the timing of this because I was online earlier in the day without issue but noted my overnight backup routine failed and it runs at 2am.

Curiously, I both the Send and Receive lights on my modem are now blue, which according to the manuals I found online is indicative of channel bonding. However, I'm 99.996% sure that this wasn't the case before (but of course, it's not the kind of thing I was paying attention to previously).

Called TS support and checked the stats on the modem and everything seemed to be running within "normal" parameters. But, here we are 10 days later and my connectivity is still spotty as hell - will be fine for 30 - 40 seconds and then just be completely unresponsive for 5 - 15 seconds and that cycle repeats all day long.

So far as I know the modem itself isn't rebooting at all, but per previous posts in this thread, I'm thinking this is somehow related to channel bonding.

EGM92

join:2006-01-29

Click for full size
I too get the unresponsive connection, the modem isn't resetting but there's no activity. The internet is down for 30-40s then it'll come back. I took a screenshot of my modem signal screen right after it came back online. Maybe this can help?

Innov8
Premium
join:2011-07-19

Folks I am a customer that has experienced the same stuff as many of you over the last few weeks. There is nothing you people or most of us have done to cause it. Neither has Teksavvy done anything from my knowledge. The solution and issues are with the underlying carrier.

My experience and conclusion is that specially for Motorola Modems that unless you have the right Software level, you will be pushing on a string. Lot of the time will be wasted on Logs, blinking lights, levels, splitters and other stuff to no avail.

It appears without a question that the issue is tied squarely with upstream bonding. For Motorola Modems based on the CMTS hosting you, the loading factor of the CMTS, in your area of service, it may be less or more severe. For 6120/6121 Motorolas there is no escaping being at 1.0.6.1.

»teksavvy.com/en/res-internet.asp

After days and if not weeks of frustration and horsing around you will be told the cause as an unsupported modem or Modem Software that suddenly the carrier has discovered you have. Help yourself and search the forums and get the right modems on Craiglist and look for help. You will probably have better luck that way.

I went from Aborted, Continue, etc., states repeating many times an hour sometimes to pretty steady state with such an approach.

It is disgusting and abhorrent to say the least. Given the current Carrier not upgrading Software on Teksavvy or other TPIA customer clients, all modems will suffer such fate and be orphaned over time. I do not see how Teksavvy and others will be able to provide reliable service over many years and software changes required on modems unless they sort this aspect with the carriers in their Wholesale arrangements. Sooner or later all Teksavvy and like modems would be unable to answer, "Who is your daddy?"

Just my 2 cents and not to offend anyone and in case it helps.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to EGM92

said by EGM92:

I too get the unresponsive connection, the modem isn't resetting but there's no activity. The internet is down for 30-40s then it'll come back. I took a screenshot of my modem signal screen right after it came back online. Maybe this can help?

Upstream power level issue....its a signal related problem, modem keeps resyncing over and over and over again...if you haven't made any physical changes in your house in regards to moving the modem to another outlet or putting in a splitter, call them up, you need Rogers to come out to see whats going on...

Bonding may have just been coincidental....its increasing your time to get online because your modem is trying to get 2 channels, but only ends up with 1 just barely @ 52dbmv as you can see there...that seems to be near(er) the upper range for modems to be knocked offline now with 64QAM upstream modulation...you could get away with more power with 16QAM and QPSK (55dbmv usually)...but definitely the only way to permanently fix it is to get a tech out there to see "whats going on".

HTH

tonytoronto

Toronto, ON

Click for full size
i posted screenshot from my modem, similar issue, 2 of the channels (4-7) go down and so does the modem. According to a Teksavvy Tech those are normal values!

Innov8
Premium
join:2011-07-19

tonytoronto get in touch with "Teddy Boom" here at DSLReports. Specially if you are in Toronto. Great help.

It is discouraging to see people keep talking about getting a Tech out and all other stuff. If you did not touch anything then the issue is carrier and modem software mis-match. Teddy Boom can help and so can Teksavvy if you got your modem from them. So I think!

Read the following thread too,

»Modem Reset Everyday in Brampton + Slow Download Speeds

Cheers.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:20

said by Innov8:

tonytoronto get in touch with "Teddy Boom" here at DSLReports. Specially if you are in Toronto. Great help.

Thanks Innov8!

I can upgrade SB6121s to 1.0.6.1. That did seem to help Innov8, but to be honest I'm a bit surprised. Until Innov8, I thought the 1.0.5.1 firmware (on most SB6121s) was fine. If you have a SB6120 then Rogers has already upgraded you to 1.0.6.1.

There are certainly other causes of this issue, but getting the right firmware is a good first step...
(for those with a DCM475, I'm working on the problem. First I need a source modem to rip a copy of STAC.02.16 from...)
--
electronicsguru.ca/for_sale/Cablemodems

tonytoronto

Toronto, ON

Yup, i'm already on 1.0.6.0.1, there is a newer firmware version that Comcast pushing out (»SB6120 Firmware Updated (7/19/12)) and seems to help some of they customers with the exact upstream bonding crap, Chances are Rogers will never update any of the motorola modems.
Have another tech coming tomorrow, like the 2 before him will check the tap and tell me signal fine and will again change the cable terminal at the modem and that's it, nothing will once again get done. Weird part all of this, internet been crap for well over month and all of sudden been good for 2 days, nothing on the logs at all, go figure.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON

said by tonytoronto:

Comcast pushing out (»SB6120 Firmware Updated (7/19/12)) and seems to help some of they customers with the exact upstream bonding crap,

Interesting.. My most recent FW for these is 1.0.6.3, I'll have to go digging Meanwhile, assuming I find a copy of 1.0.6.6, I suspect Rogers will downgrade SB6120s back to 1.0.6.1 automatically
--

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to Innov8

said by Innov8:

The issue generally is Carriers trying to be too cute and throwing out implementations of dubious value (4 channel upstream bonding for 1 Mb/s service).

1) They need to roll out upstream channel bonding to be able to roll out the higher speed tiers 2) Rogers already is offering the higher speed tiers to Rogers retail customers if you call in and request it. It will eventually will be rolled out to TPIA customers after Rogers rolls it out en masse to their own retail customers

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to tonytoronto

said by tonytoronto:

Comcast pushing out (»SB6120 Firmware Updated (7/19/12)) and seems to help some of they customers with the exact upstream bonding crap,

That was easier to find than I expected. I haven't tested it out yet, but I should be able to flash to 1.0.6.6 now. However, as I said, Rogers may just roll you back to 1.0.6.1 on SB6120s. Of course Rogers doesn't do anything for the firmware on SB6121, so owners of SB6121s can try 1.0.6.6 if they like.
--

corellama

join:2011-05-29
Kanata, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

I also have the Motorola upstream channel problem. This morning Teksavvy support said Rogers said my 1.0.5 firmware is not compatible. Teksavvy nor Rogers will be updating it, which is crazy. I bought the modem from Teksavvy 14 months ago, so it's out of warranty.

Teddy Boom are you saying you have updated the firmware on a SB6121? Is this something I can do?

This whole situation is very frustrating.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON

said by corellama:

Teddy Boom are you saying you have updated the firmware on a SB6121? Is this something I can do?

It is easy to do if you have the right tools, but it can't be done by end users. I use a JTAG/Flash-programmer to write firmware directly into the flash chip.

They are blaming the firmware, but I'm not certain that the firmware is actually at fault for the problem.

One thing that seems to be missed a lot in the troubleshooting of this problem is doing a factory reset on the modem. Don't do it too often--it will delete the logs, and logs are helpful--but trying it once is important. To do a factory reset on these modems go to the web interface, click on Configuration, and then click the Reset All Defaults button.
(important to try because your modem may be able to find better channels to tune into, and that could clear up the problem. Maybe some other reasons too..)
--

nitzguy
Premium
Sudbury, ON

1 recommendation

reply to tonytoronto

said by tonytoronto:

Yup, i'm already on 1.0.6.0.1, there is a newer firmware version that Comcast pushing out (»SB6120 Firmware Updated (7/19/12)) and seems to help some of they customers with the exact upstream bonding crap, Chances are Rogers will never update any of the motorola modems.
Have another tech coming tomorrow, like the 2 before him will check the tap and tell me signal fine and will again change the cable terminal at the modem and that's it, nothing will once again get done. Weird part all of this, internet been crap for well over month and all of sudden been good for 2 days, nothing on the logs at all, go figure.

...Might I offer a separate suggestion. With talk of firmwares and whatnot, sometimes its just classic, traditional cable tv troubleshooting that needs to be properly done. Trusting a $100 consumer device to get accurate signal levels is foolhearty at best.

I sometimes wish that techs who troubleshoot cable tv would take some extra time and do a little more digging vs saying "Oh 43 is good" or "Oh 52 is good"....
I was only speaking to EGM92's screenshot and not the others..just as an FYI.

Firmware can't resolve an intermittent signal problem. I'd only say this because it helps, but I don't know if its accurate anymore. Does Rogers still push the analogue channels through? If so, get a small tv if you have one, and just directly connect the coax into it and for starters look at channels 2-6...if they're really grainy and hard to see, that's a signal problem and needs to be addressed. This isn't illegal as far as I can see as this would be for troubleshooting purposes...

If they still broadcast the higher channels in analogue (say 60+ or so) tune to those channels if you can with the tv directly plugged in, if they're grainy and fuzzy as well, it indicates a signal problem and something the tech will need to address...and you can show it to him to see, and perhaps from that standpoint they'll be able to figure out what the issue is...

I know it may be a lot of work for people having issues with Cable, but signal problems manifest themselves in weird ways sometimes. Since when you're looking at that screen its simply a snapshot and not a rolling signal strength indicator, if you see there is an interference or interruption in the signal, you may not see it when looking at the diagnostics...

Again, HTH....also I wouldn't be just blindly updating firmwares and whatnot...there's a reason why Rogers doesn't update their firmware as it can cause unforseen issues...and I know that it can be done, doesn't mean its something you want to do and it may not even solve the root cause of the problem.

The factory reset is a good idea. Also while the modem is plugged in, you can simply unscrew the coax for about 5 minutes, and then the modem will try and retrain onto different channels, when you unplug and replug it in it remembers the last upstream and downstream channel it locked onto and tries those again, and if they are marginal, the modem doesn't care and will try and stick on that frequency.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

Nice post nitzguy!

Waimea

join:2010-06-30
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

reply to pleco

I had a solid connection for 2 years before the upstream bonding kicked in and started the same problem. It's definitely the signal that causes this.

here's how it got solved. I had two tech visits, they changed eveything at the tap: connector, spigot, jumper & trap W. No idea what those mean but that's what the tech said he did. The other tech changed the cable that connects the building's riser to my modem. We found it had a few nicks because of the staples. they may have caused intermittent interference, on the line.

Since then, stable connection even tho my upstram signal sits at 52 at its highest.

Like someone said in this thread, the bonding makes the whole thing more sensitive to signal issues. so if you have any slight weaknesses in the cables connecting you to the rogers node then you get those nasty T3 timeouts and the modem loses its mind trying to keep talking to the CMTS.

So have rogers clean up eveything that connects you to them. seems to have worked for me for about 2 months now.

Good luck!
--
Proud Teksavvy customer since 2007

nitzguy
Premium
Sudbury, ON

said by Waimea:

I had a solid connection for 2 years before the upstream bonding kicked in and started the same problem. It's definitely the signal that causes this.

here's how it got solved. I had two tech visits, they changed eveything at the tap: connector, spigot, jumper & trap W. No idea what those mean but that's what the tech said he did. The other tech changed the cable that connects the building's riser to my modem. We found it had a few nicks because of the staples. they may have caused intermittent interference, on the line.

Since then, stable connection even tho my upstram signal sits at 52 at its highest.

Like someone said in this thread, the bonding makes the whole thing more sensitive to signal issues. so if you have any slight weaknesses in the cables connecting you to the rogers node then you get those nasty T3 timeouts and the modem loses its mind trying to keep talking to the CMTS.

So have rogers clean up eveything that connects you to them. seems to have worked for me for about 2 months now.

Good luck!

Definitely would be the case, same with downstream as well, but usually not as bad, upstream area from "officially" 5-42mhz is generally "noisy" in comparison to the downstream signal levels, which is why TV stations didn't operate in this band originally when the service was setup back in the NTSC 50's...Channel 2 starts at 55mhz (roughly), so there's a reason why those lower frequencies weren't used but cable had no real options at the time...

Anywho, it wouldn't surprise me that 75% of these issues are signal related, but the techs themselves don't know exactly what to do because in reality they're responsible from the tap down to basically the modem (the techs that you all get to come to your houses/apartments/etc).

You'd also be surprised how much those "notch filters" aka "Trap all frequencies but internet" cause problems in the first place.
Hence with the move to all digital they won't have to have these traps in place and that'll probably solve a lot of issues.

But changing the connector at the tap, the spigot (perhaps attaching you to another spigot because changing the tap itself would be work that they wouldn't want to do as that would cause other users to be out of service, if only briefly), and the jumper which is probably the fact that if you're in an aprtment means it jumps from 1 cable patch panel to another to provide service...

52 is ok...as long as your modem is staying online, again the modem isn't 100% accurate, it may in reality be 51 or 50 dbmv, but is just reporting a bit off because its not meant to be 100% accurate...

So, definitely have them out again, since TSI can't see the modems history of going on and offline, if they could they might see the modem "flapping" and other cool CMTS type terms to see if a modem has a chronic issue....I wish they'd push for more access even at a basic level which I don't think would be an issue, simply have them know which CMTS they connect to, input the modem MAC into the tool, and simply give TSI access to run those technical reports only....but someone at TSI would have to push and someone at Rogers would have to give...same with the other cable ISPs....

But if they can't see the modem ranging and ranging and ranging all the time it is completely useless to try and do any troubleshooting....anywho, wish you guys luck with your issues.

aereolis

join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON

1 edit

said by nitzguy:

said by Waimea:

Good luck!

Definitely would be the case, same with downstream as well, but usually not as bad, upstream area from "officially" 5-42mhz is generally "noisy" in comparison to the downstream signal levels, which is why TV stations didn't operate in this band originally when the service was setup back in the NTSC 50's...Channel 2 starts at 55mhz (roughly), so there's a reason why those lower frequencies weren't used but cable had no real options at the time...

Anywho, it wouldn't surprise me that 75% of these issues are signal related, but the techs themselves don't know exactly what to do because in reality they're responsible from the tap down to basically the modem (the techs that you all get to come to your houses/apartments/etc).

You'd also be surprised how much those "notch filters" aka "Trap all frequencies but internet" cause problems in the first place.
Hence with the move to all digital they won't have to have these traps in place and that'll probably solve a lot of issues.

But changing the connector at the tap, the spigot (perhaps attaching you to another spigot because changing the tap itself would be work that they wouldn't want to do as that would cause other users to be out of service, if only briefly), and the jumper which is probably the fact that if you're in an aprtment means it jumps from 1 cable patch panel to another to provide service...

52 is ok...as long as your modem is staying online, again the modem isn't 100% accurate, it may in reality be 51 or 50 dbmv, but is just reporting a bit off because its not meant to be 100% accurate...

So, definitely have them out again, since TSI can't see the modems history of going on and offline, if they could they might see the modem "flapping" and other cool CMTS type terms to see if a modem has a chronic issue....I wish they'd push for more access even at a basic level which I don't think would be an issue, simply have them know which CMTS they connect to, input the modem MAC into the tool, and simply give TSI access to run those technical reports only....but someone at TSI would have to push and someone at Rogers would have to give...same with the other cable ISPs....

But if they can't see the modem ranging and ranging and ranging all the time it is completely useless to try and do any troubleshooting....anywho, wish you guys luck with your issues.

+1 Thumbs up absolutely correct [edit]except for the part about changing the tap spigot as normal technicians do not carry multitaps and are not allowed to change them[/edit]
--
Hello

zzmaster

join:2011-06-25
Toronto, ON
reply to pleco

Yeah, I'm at Dupont with a SB6120. I'm experiencing the restarts and the intermittent connection problems. It started on July 25 and lasted a day or so. It's back up now and very stable, but I just had to restart my modem about an hour ago. A technician came over but didn't really find anything other then saying the wiring might not be the best in the house, although it's been fine for over a year since I've had internet cable.

Would a different modem work better? Which ones are officially supported?

nitzguy
Premium
Sudbury, ON
reply to aereolis

said by aereolis:

+1 Thumbs up absolutely correct except for the part about changing the tap spigot as normal technicians do not carry multitaps and are not allowed to change them

By that I meant moving the sub to another available spigot . Sometimes not always available like in apartment buildings but if you're in an area with an 8-way tap or a 4-way tap and you have one free, they sometimes try the other spigot to see if that resolves the problem and then tag it to be replaced by a Network facing tech .

ftabbbb

join:2007-10-11
Toronto, ON
reply to pleco

I have this Modem reboot problem too. Having a VOIP phone but cut off often these months. I thought it's the phone company problem until I saw this post and check into modem log- many T3 time out there and reboot quite often. I have SB5101N though.
So currently there is no fix for this except firmware upgrade which TSI won't do it?

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON

said by ftabbbb:

I have SB5101N though.

Then you do not have THIS problem.

Maybe start a new thread about your issue so people can help you properly. Maybe call tech support.
--

Ott_Cable

@teksavvy.com
reply to ftabbbb

There is a BIG distinction between a modem reboot and reconnect.

A reboot is like a firmware crash due to buggy firmware where as a reconnect is when the firmware decided to give up on a bad connection and decided to reconnect still fully under control.

QQCable

@teksavvy.com
reply to pleco

I seem to be having the same issue but my logs are showing something slightly different.

Jul 30 2012 19:13:57 5-Warning Z00.0 MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1
Jan 01 1970 00:01:21 3-Critical R02.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;
Jan 01 1970 00:00:55 3-Critical D01.0 DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received;
Jan 01 1970 00:00:21 3-Critical R02.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;
Jan 01 1970 00:00:13 6-Notice Cable Modem Reboot due to IP loss ;
Jul 30 2012 18:42:10 5-Warning Z00.0 MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;
Jan 01 1970 00:00:24 3-Critical R02.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;
Jan 01 1970 00:00:13 6-Notice Cable Modem Reboot due to IP loss
at one point it was doing this every 31 minutes like clockwork... TS said he had never seen this before and my issue has been escalated.

my signal and everything is fine and my firmware is up to date.

Model Name: SB6120
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.1-SCM00-NOSH

I assume the IP loss is a different monster but the issue remains the same and unresolved.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON

said by QQCable :

I seem to be having the same issue but my logs are showing something slightly different.

When you say "the same problem"... Have you been getting regular modem reboots (at least once per day, often dozens of times) over an extended period of time (a week, two months)?

said by QQCable :

Jan 01 1970 00:00:55 3-Critical D01.0 DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received;

This line suggests that Rogers is working on something in your neighbourhood. Or they are experiencing a local outage.
--

ftabbbb

join:2007-10-11
Toronto, ON
reply to Teddy Boom

oh... but before I start a new thread, could you please have a look at logs see if it's reboot OR reconnect problem? Thanks a lot!

2012-07-30 20:11:39 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:00:25 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
1970-01-01 00:00:22 3-Critical D001.0 DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received
1970-01-01 00:00:12 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:00:09 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 3)
1970-01-01 00:00:03 6-Notice M571.1 Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets
2012-07-30 19:27:45 6-Notice M573.0 Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting...
2012-07-30 19:27:45 3-Critical R004.0 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o
2012-07-30 19:27:12 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:00:18 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
1970-01-01 00:00:12 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:00:08 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 3)
1970-01-01 00:00:02 6-Notice M571.4 Ethernet link dormant - not currently active
2012-07-30 19:20:50 6-Notice M573.0 Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting...
2012-07-30 19:20:50 3-Critical R004.0 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o
2012-07-30 19:20:17 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:00:15 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
1970-01-01 00:00:07 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:00:04 6-Notice M571.1 Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets
1970-01-01 00:00:03 6-Notice M571.4 Ethernet link dormant - not currently active
2012-07-30 16:58:14 6-Notice M573.0 Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting...
2012-07-30 16:58:14 3-Critical R004.0 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o
2012-07-30 16:57:41 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:00:22 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
1970-01-01 00:00:07 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 3)
1970-01-01 00:00:02 6-Notice M571.4 Ethernet link dormant - not currently active
2012-07-30 16:14:50 6-Notice M573.0 Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting...
2012-07-30 16:14:50 3-Critical R004.0 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o
2012-07-30 16:14:18 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:00:20 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
1970-01-01 00:00:08 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 3)
1970-01-01 00:00:15 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
2012-07-30 13:27:53 6-Notice M573.0 Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting...
2012-07-30 13:27:53 3-Critical R004.0 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o
2012-07-30 13:27:20 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
2012-07-30 13:18:44 6-Notice M573.0 Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting...
2012-07-30 13:18:44 3-Critical R004.0 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o
2012-07-30 13:18:12 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:00:17 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
1970-01-01 00:00:11 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:00:07 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 3)
2012-07-30 12:11:50 6-Notice M573.0 Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting...
2012-07-30 12:11:50 3-Critical R004.0 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o
2012-07-30 12:11:17 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
2012-07-30 12:10:04 6-Notice M573.0 Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting...
2012-07-30 12:10:04 3-Critical R004.0 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o
2012-07-30 12:09:32 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:00:13 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
2012-07-30 11:49:31 6-Notice M573.0 Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting...
2012-07-30 11:49:31 3-Critical R004.0 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o
2012-07-30 11:48:59 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:00:17 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
1970-01-01 00:00:11 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
2012-07-30 09:41:03 6-Notice M573.0 Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting...
2012-07-30 09:41:03 3-Critical R004.0 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o
2012-07-30 09:40:31 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:00:21 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
2012-07-30 03:00:02 6-Notice M573.0 Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting...
2012-07-30 03:00:02 3-Critical R004.0 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o
2012-07-30 02:59:30 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:01:40 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
1970-01-01 00:01:29 3-Critical T002.0 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing
1970-01-01 00:01:28 3-Critical T001.0 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing
1970-01-01 00:01:27 3-Critical T002.0 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing
1970-01-01 00:01:17 3-Critical T001.0 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing
1970-01-01 00:01:17 3-Critical T002.0 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing
1970-01-01 00:01:09 3-Critical T001.0 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing
1970-01-01 00:00:04 6-Notice M571.1 Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets
1970-01-01 00:00:04 3-Critical T001.0 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing
2012-07-29 21:29:34 6-Notice M573.0 Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting...
2012-07-29 21:29:34 3-Critical R004.0 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o
2012-07-29 21:29:34 3-Critical T002.0 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing
1970-01-01 00:00:14 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
1970-01-01 00:00:08 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
1970-01-01 00:00:06 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 3)

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON

said by ftabbbb:

oh... but before I start a new thread, could you please have a look at logs see if it's reboot OR reconnect problem? Thanks a lot!

For me, looking at logs without understanding the symptoms isn't very useful. If your symptoms match what we are discussing here, say so. If your symptoms do not match, you should start a new thread.

Are you are suddenly offline today, and things have been fine until today? If that is the case, it is almost certainly not the issue being discussed here.
--

QQCable

@teksavvy.com
reply to pleco

Hi Teddy

The first time this happened it was for around 24 hours, every hour or so my modem would completely reboot, power light went off and everything... every time for 24 hours.

Second time it happened for around 72 hours, at first every hour (full reboot) the last 24 of that weekend it was rebooting every 31 minutes... it did it while I was on the phone with a Tekksavvy rep and he still had no answers.

and again today. I've done the standard power cycle, and the normal Tekk Savvy salvo of trouble shooting steps but they don't do anything.