spc
uniqs
jh2010
join:2009-09-03
Brooklyn, NY

jh2010 to lexuskool

to lexuskool

Re: [northeast] Brooklyn,NY FIOS Deployments

We have had the cable running through the backyard of our Apartment block for over a year. We still cannot get FIOS yet Apartments on the corner of our block can get it.
Riftwire0
join:2012-03-04
Brooklyn, NY

Riftwire0

Anyone here in the Borum Hill area namely around state street? I saw some trucks not to long ago, and was wondering if anyone has been wired up or had any work done in there backyard?

Been waiting for so many years to upgrade from my crappy ADSL and there's no way i'm signing with TW!!
erasure
join:2012-07-01
Brooklyn, NY

erasure

any updated news on 11209 area? i remember around 2010 august i spoke face to face with a Verizon field worker out of a van on 84th and 4th, who lived around ft. hamilton and 95 or whatever, and said we're getting it com jan... 2011... lol?

after that, seemed like zero activity / updates about the heart of bayridge.
jh2010
join:2009-09-03
Brooklyn, NY

jh2010

I think it depends on the street. Some Apartments on my block have FIOS and others don't(APT issues are due to landlords not signing agreeements with Verizon). A house we were were looking at buying(two blocks away) has FIOS available. As stated above, the cables have been in our streets and backyard for almost a year.
leo81486
join:2010-10-21
Brooklyn, NY

leo81486 to erasure

to erasure
pole n box was installed. long long time ago.
but still haven't see anything with the wires.

so another few months i guess.

T1249NTSCJ9
join:2007-01-25
Ridgewood, NY

T1249NTSCJ9

So I was driving through Brooklyn and Ridgewood and noticed quite a few Verizon installations going on. New thick wire run from as far as Fresh Pond Rd to Myrtle Avenue. No idea if this is FiOS or not but residents in that area should keep an eye open and ask the next time a Verizon truck is out in your area.

HardwareGeek
join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY

HardwareGeek

Frespond Rd, to Myrtle Ave is Glendale still Queens. You gotta cross the cemetery to get into Bk but the other side of the cemetery is cypress hills and we already have FiOS
mespared
join:2001-10-11
Ridgewood, NY

mespared to T1249NTSCJ9

to T1249NTSCJ9
Ridgewood is being wired. My block is already done. It's Harman St near Metropolitan. I was told by Verizon that we would be provisioned by the beginning of September at the latest. They are currently wiring Woodward, or Onderdonk.

HardwareGeek
join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY

HardwareGeek

My girlfriend who is on 62nd and cooper is wired but not lit.

T1249NTSCJ9
Ridgewood, NY

T1249NTSCJ9 to mespared

to mespared
There seems to be alot of that going on right now.
For the most part these areas seem to be completed but have yet to be powered on.
September seems to make sense given that there are a handful of schools in the Ridgewood area.
I'll just leave this here for future use.
»communities.verizon.com/ ··· savail/?

Dunlin
@rr.com

Dunlin

Anon

I cant believe it's getting close to 2013 and still no verizon fios in park slope Brooklyn. I would take a guess that more than 50% of the people here would leave time warner cable the first week fios is available !!! Come on Verizon get to work !!!
clrana9017
join:2009-05-12

clrana9017

I live in Cablevision territory, which is just a little bit better, and I look at my sad unused fiber and uninstalled cabinet every day waiting for Verizon to make some progress.

fatal
join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY

fatal to Dunlin

to Dunlin
said by Dunlin :

I cant believe it's getting close to 2013 and still no verizon fios in park slope Brooklyn. I would take a guess that more than 50% of the people here would leave time warner cable the first week fios is available !!! Come on Verizon get to work !!!

I'm one of those people please take my money Verizon PLEASE!

T1249NTSCJ9
Ridgewood, NY

T1249NTSCJ9 to mespared

to mespared
Work being done on Woodward atm and I asked when it'll be up and running and his best guess was in about 2 weeks. Tech said they'll be doing alot of work in the area until then.