how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

myosh

join:2001-05-03
Cupertino, CA

[E-mail] Comcast Mail Server Inaccessible from OS X Mail App

There's a topic (»Comcast email completely stopped working on both Macs) in the "All Things Macintosh" board where Mac users using the Mail application cannot access the Comcast mail server (mail.comcast.net). I ran into this problem Thursday night and since there isn't much of a solution on ATM, I thought I'd see if anyone in this forum has a solution.
Expand your moderator at work

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
reply to myosh

Re: [E-mail] Comcast Mail Server Inaccessible from OS X Mail App

I'm not having any problems on my macbook with the mail op or outlook for mac (shudder).

What settings are you using to connect?
--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.
I speak for myself, not my former employer.

myosh

Cupertino, CA
Hi beachintech. Here is my configuration and account settings...

OS Version: Snow Leopard (10.6.8)
Mail Version: 4.5

* Mail Server is mail.comcast.net
* Using Port 995 and SSL (under the "Advanced" tab)
* Authentication is "Password".

This is not a major issue for me as I don't use my Comcast account as my primary e-mail account although apparently there are some Mac users experiencing this problem.

Thanks for you help.

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
Verify these settings are as described

»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su···r-a-mac/
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

jamaicaplain

@comcast.net
reply to myosh
I use Mail.app on 10.6.8 with the same settings (mail.comcast.net, 995 SSL, Password) and it has been working just fine for me.

On Sat 6-30 I did have some problems with some web sites that is-it-just-me sites also said were down. There have been massive power outages in the mid-atlantic states. I don't know whether that affected some internet connectivity but maybe your path to the comcast servers was interrupted. Just a guess.

myosh

Cupertino, CA
reply to JohnInSJ
said by JohnInSJ:

Verify these settings are as described

»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su···r-a-mac/

Double checked my settings and everything matches the setting you provided in the link. Still not sure what's going on but it sounds like this is more isolated than I originally thought. Thanks for the help guys!