uniqs

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to joe01880

MVM,

to joe01880

Re: [TIVO] Here comes the copy protection bit (letter)

said by joe01880:

I dont record anything of importance this time of year anyway and my 7232 sucks but will do the job if need be.

The FiOS DVRs will have the same copy restrictions as the TiVo. You can still record HBO content on a TiVo. You can still stream it to other TiVos. You just can't copy it.

Unless you have Series3 TiVos (doesn't support streaming) or archive your shows to your computer, this won't even effect you. Even with Series3 TiVos, there are ways to make this a non-issue.
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829

said by Thinkdiff:

Even with Series3 TiVos, there are ways to make this a non-issue.

I've got a Series3 TiVo. Link?

HenryFarpolo
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

HenryFarpolo

Premium Member

said by knarf829:

said by Thinkdiff:

Even with Series3 TiVos, there are ways to make this a non-issue.

I've got a Series3 TiVo. Link?

+1

joe01880
join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA

joe01880 to Thinkdiff

to Thinkdiff
said by Thinkdiff:

said by joe01880:

I dont record anything of importance this time of year anyway and my 7232 sucks but will do the job if need be.

The FiOS DVRs will have the same copy restrictions as the TiVo. You can still record HBO content on a TiVo. You can still stream it to other TiVos. You just can't copy it.

Unless you have Series3 TiVos (doesn't support streaming) or archive your shows to your computer, this won't even effect you. Even with Series3 TiVos, there are ways to make this a non-issue.

I have Tivo HD w/lifetime and a Premiere, i am also aware of options to make this a non issue which i am considering for my S3THD. I may just sell it to cover some of the cost of new unit. If this doesn't effect HDNET or Palladia it wont matter to me anyway but I'm sure its going to.