How do I login to the Arris D3 modem?

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
You don't, if it's connected. You can typically see some info by going to 192.168.100.1 , but there are 'tech only' areas that are inaccessible to the user.
--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium
join:2001-10-13
Allendale, NJ
kudos:2
reply to Jackarino
please dont

root

join:2002-12-11
said by HarleyYac:

please dont

...? There is nothing that he can change or do by accessing the internal page so let him look around who cares. It's just a read only information page containing signal levels/correctables and uncorrectables and the event log.

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium
join:2001-10-13
Allendale, NJ
kudos:2
Just being a concerned Dad... I have to admit. I looked in too

RARPSL

join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY
reply to root
said by root:

said by HarleyYac:

please dont

...? There is nothing that he can change or do by accessing the internal page so let him look around who cares. It's just a read only information page containing signal levels/correctables and uncorrectables and the event log.

I agree. I do not like the fact that all of the CV D3 modems have had the interface used by DOCSDIAG (which does read-only displays of the modem settings) crippled. The displays they still allow are crippled/censored. For example those event logs that you can display (at least on the Motorola D3 Modems) have most of the entries suppressed. So long as a display is read-only I see no reason not to allow it to be displayed unless there is something to hide.