Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Thinking of adding Mom and Grandma to my plan

I am thinking of adding Mom and Grandma to my plan. Mom and Grandma have a family share plan that is in Mom's name, Mom lives with me in Springfield, MA and has a 413 area code number and Grandma lives in Maine and has a 207 number but both lines are on a family share plan in Mom's name on AT&T. I am thinking of adding them to my Verizon account but the Verizon account is in my name and I have a share everything plan with an iPhone and a MiFi. Mom and Grandma use basic phones, I am thinking of getting them the Samsung Convoy 2 because they tend to drop phones.

The big question is will I be able to port the above mentioned numbers to my account if the AT&T account is in Mom's name and the VWZ account is in my name. Second question, will VZW allow two separate area codes on a share everything account (413 & 207). Mom will give consent to port the numbers into my name. The only thing holding us back is we have one contract with AT&T that is nearing expiration and one that we can pay the EFT on.

Mom currently gets a discount on AT&T because she works for the school district. VZW offers the same discount but I prefer to keep the account in my name.

mitchell

join:2002-06-21
Darlington, SC
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

said by IowaCowboy:

I am thinking of adding Mom and Grandma to my plan. ......SNIPED a SECTION.......
The big question is will I be able to port the above mentioned numbers to my account if the AT&T account is in Mom's name and the VWZ account is in my name. Second question, will VZW allow two separate area codes on a share everything account (413 & 207). .........SNIPPED...
Mom currently gets a discount on AT&T because she works for the school district. VZW offers the same discount but I prefer to keep the account in my name.

Yes, you can move the numbers over. However be prepared for a possible loss of service for a few days as its moved over.

Different AC's are no problem I do this with my daughter in PA..she has a different AC from my wife and I.

I dont understand why you'd like to lose the discount..Check to see if VZ will allow the discount because she's on the account. If they can get two more customers, they may allow it...worth the question to VZ.

Let us know how it turns out.

ps the verizon barrister is a great phone, if you can find it in your store

Lloyd

flashcore

join:2007-01-23
united state

said by mitchell:

I dont understand why you'd like to lose the discount..Check to see if VZ will allow the discount because she's on the account. If they can get two more customers, they may allow it...worth the question to VZ.

I have asked about this before, while things may have changed with the "Share Everything" scam the previous policy was you get the discount on the primary line for voice/data only and any additional lines are in-eligible for discounts.