All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Onyasix
join:2012-07-01
Rocky Mount, NC

Onyasix

[DVR] What model is SL's TiVo Premiere Series 4?

I recently had SL to change out my/their DVR/cable box for their TiVo. When comparing it with TiVo's three Premiere models (Premiere, Premiere XL and Premiere XL4), it does not have the same features as any of these three models. My SL TiVo will copy 4 programs at the same time (same as the XL4), but as told to me by SL, will only record 45 hours of HD programing. The front and rear panel (one cable connector, no ant. connections) looks the same as the XL4. Is this a special Series 4 made just for Suddenlink?
Texas16309
join:2005-04-18
Round Rock, TX

Texas16309

45 hours for Suddenlink's versus 300 from tivo? What a way to hobble the unit. In my area I only have a 2 tuner or regular 45 hour premiere.

Every time I call about a 4 tuner Tivo the reps say they've never heard of it.
Onyasix
join:2012-07-01
Rocky Mount, NC

Onyasix

I have a Western Digital My Book AV DVR Expander (1 terabyte) that I originally bought to extend the storage capacity of the SL DVR cable box and it also works through the TiVo's eSATA connection. With the expander I still don't have as much storage capacity as the XL4, but I have more than enough to satisfy my needs.
Onyasix

Onyasix

I was scanning through posts in this forum and ran across one that refered to SL's 4 tuner TiVo as a "TiVo Premiere Q". Anyway, it is what it is. My other question now is - is it THX Certified?
Onyasix

Onyasix to Texas16309

to Texas16309
I googled the TiVo Permiere Q and ran across this page »www.tivo.com/assets/pdfs ··· 11_Q.pdf

I think I have solved my questions, it is a TiVo Premiere Q.
Onyasix

Onyasix to Texas16309

to Texas16309
I also did some calculations and the SL TiVo will store approx. 75 hours of HD which is what the TiVo Premiere Q advertises. So, the information from SL about 45 hours of HD recording is incorrect. Who would have thought it, duh, SL being wrong about their product, lol. With the WD expander I have now a total of 225 hours of HD recording.