All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Jasmer
@frontiernet.net

Jasmer

Anon

[DSL] Losing PPPoE connectivity every 30 minutes or so?

So I'm with Frontier DSL in North Idaho and I'm using their Westell 7500 wireless modem. Fairly often the modem will lose PPPoE connectivity, reboot, search/find it, and all is well again. I've enabled continuous retries so I don't have to go in manually every single time it does this to tell it to get back online.

I've called customer service, the tech couldn't find any problems with our line and said he traced it as far as the box down the road. The next day some service techs were scheduled to go out and fix it, and if it wasn't resolved by that night to call customer service again. Well, that was on Friday, I won't be getting any techs out until tomorrow at the earliest so I was wondering if anybody else had any ideas. I've heard the modem I'm using could very well be the problem but I can't swap it out with another one just to try it, nobody around here sells wirelss DSL modems.

So any ideas?
Jasmer

Jasmer

Anon

I can't find a way to edit my post so I'll add the transceiver stats here.

Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data Path INTERLEAVED

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 7616 864
Margin (dB) 15.9 12.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 31.0 14.0
Transmit Power (dBm) 19.1 11.9

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612 to Jasmer

MVM

to Jasmer
Could you go to pastebin.com and copy/paste a copy of your modem's System log to us? Provide the link to the pastebin.com post once you've done so.