TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
reply to aannoonn

Re: Triple play upgrade pricing

And Verizon early on charged every single customer a fee for setting up their porting system.

Discussed here 7 years ago.

»[Optimum Voice] Transfer of existing phone number possible yet?..

You can easily argue charging a customer that ports their number is fairer than charging every single customer since it allocates the costs to those who actually want to port their number. In any case the FCC does regulate how much can be charged

»www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/wireles···#howmuch

Are carriers allowed to charge for number porting, and, if so, how much can the charges be?

Companies may assess fees to recover the costs that they incur in providing number portability. Fees may vary between companies, and some companies may not charge any fees.
Companies may not refuse to port a number because a consumer has not paid for porting.
When considering a switch, consumers should ask the new company whether it charges any number portability fees and whether those fees can be waived.

--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

aannoonn

@optonline.net
That still doesn't excuse CV for lying to their own customers.

aannoonn

@optonline.net
reply to TheWiseGuy
P.S. The info you posted is for wireless local number portability, which is not what Rick nor I were talking about.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
Actually if you read Bobcat79 See Profile's post in that thread you will see they had a fee for POTs and discontinued it Feb 2005, versus 2004 for the wireless charge.

»Re: [Optimum Voice] Transfer of existing phone number possible y
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit
That brings back memory... I wonder what happened to that bobcat.
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

aannoonn

@optonline.net

1 edit
So CV increased their bull---- porting fee by 33%.

Gunga Din
Premium
join:2005-12-15
Bellmore, NY
kudos:5
reply to TheWiseGuy
LOL, Bobcat79 See Profile managed to find his way back here after his dollarcide during the wayback machine snafu on here where we were stuck in 2010. I never intended this thread to be a pissing match but must say it has been amusing.
--
~ Project Hope ~
~ Team Discovery ~

aannoonn

@optonline.net
reply to MxxCon
said by MxxCon:

That brings back memory... I wonder what happened to that bobcat.

It appears that the username will become available in 3 weeks.

JoeyS59

join:2002-09-01
Hey guys, figured I would reply in this thread instead of making a new one. Current FIOS customer looking to switch back to CV. Got the following offer from someone I talked to initially a few months ago.

3 Boxes (DVR's that store your content in the cloud? Sounds good enough)
TP, of course
HBO, Showtime, Starz, Encore
Kindle Fire (unfortunately, I was told they aren't offering the $200 GC anymore)

The 2 kickers that are really enticing were:

1) Porting fee ($40) waived.
2) Unlimited international calling to Costa Rica (where my family is from) included with OV (my eyes kinda widened at that)

This if for $130 with taxes. Think I might jump on this. Just wondering, has that ugly interface changed at all?

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
Boost+ Internet ?

aannoonn

@optonline.net
reply to JoeyS59
said by JoeyS59:

(DVR's that store your content in the cloud? Sounds good enough)

You'll be sorry. Everyone hates it. You'll wish you kept Fios.
said by JoeyS59:

TP, of course

What's that, toilet paper? Really, I don't know what you're talking about.
said by JoeyS59:

2) Unlimited international calling to Costa Rica (where my family is from) included with OV (my eyes kinda widened at that)

I'd get both of these in writing. Everyone here says that porting fee is mandatory, and that unlimited calling only includes US, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. Maybe the salesman thought that Costa Rica was part of Puerto Rico or the US VI. Don't be surprised if you end up paying an additional $20 per month and get only 250 minutes. See:
»www.optimum.com/home-phone-servi···call.jsp
and
»www.optimum.com/details.jsp?note···orldcall

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online
reply to JoeyS59
You have had both CV and Verizon, so you are in the best position to determine which is better for you. I think you will recognize CV as pretty much the same as when you left, although fewer people seem to have internet speed problems now with Docsis 3.

The "content in the cloud" sounds nice, but keep in mind it does not include pausing live tv - a feature we use a lot.
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Optimum Online
reply to aannoonn
said by JoeyS59:

Everyone here says that porting fee is mandatory

I was able to get my porting fee waived.