Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium
join:2002-06-22
kudos:2

[Pricing] Home Phone Connect, no more $19.99 unlimited plan?

Click for full size
Boy, this is messed up.

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

If thats the case this means I am grandfathered at $19.99 unlimited.

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium
join:2002-06-22
kudos:2

said by norbert26:

If thats the case this means I am grandfathered at $19.99 unlimited.

I'm still trying to figure out how they justify having to add data and text to a device that doesn't support it.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to acadiel

I would either call the 800 number or visit a local store. They cannot sell data/texting to devices that cannot support it.

I had the home phone connect. Did not like it. Seemed more like a cell phone than a home phone in terms of call quality and reliability. Also the HPC won't support alarm systems or fax machines.

I prefer to use a home phone when calling numbers where getting a human is a nightmare (such as endless menus or eternal hold times), with a home phone you don't run the risk of dropping the call after waiting six hours on hold or pushing (and holding) the zero key for the 7000th time. Some companies and many government agencies make getting a human on the line a nightmare and the last thing you want is a dropped call when you get through. That is why I keep a home phone (also because I have an alarm).

I have my home phone through Verizon's wireline division. 99.999 percent reliable aka. the five nines

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to acadiel

Just stopped into the Verizon Wireless (Biddeford, ME) corporate store today and they said it is still $19.99, plus taxes and fees.

Still, I prefer traditional telephone service for it's reliability. Don't want a call to drop after waiting 4 1/2 hours on hold before reaching a representative.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to acadiel

At first this seemed good, but the more I think about it, it's not the thing for me.

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI
reply to IowaCowboy

said by IowaCowboy:

Just stopped into the Verizon Wireless (Biddeford, ME) corporate store today and they said it is still $19.99, plus taxes and fees.

Still, I prefer traditional telephone service for it's reliability. Don't want a call to drop after waiting 4 1/2 hours on hold before reaching a representative.

The problem with the old copper line service is every feature like call waiting you get gouged for. Then you get soaked for long distance. That said i only put this in for my elderly step father to give him a back up phone . I put a multi station cordless on it and no sound quality issues . (use good quality line cord from home connect base to phone). This DOES require a good signal if you can't get a good signal then drop outs and loosing calls will be an issue. There are external antennas to fix this. For $20 a month its not that bad.

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

who pays for Long Distance any more???