r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

Canceled XM - After 5 years

The stations repeat the same 10 songs over again.
I just remember a lot more songs in the 80s and 90s than the same 10 they had.
BBC was canceled.
The only good thing left was news stations and that is not worth the price.
I have paid the $77-$88 price including online for the entire time. (That was $400 total for the 5 years) Every year I have to call an bitch to renew at the same price.
I used it on the same portable inno that held up the entire time. Pioneer really built the inno well.

I have been using XM less and less and they autorenewed me automatically for $160 which is insane for radio so I decided to cancel. I will just use an mp3 player instead.

Cancellations offered me 3 deals:
1. Renew for $98 for a year
2. Renew for $88 for a year
3. Renew for $45 for 6 months
I imagine I still would have had to fight to get the online included for those prices like I had to do for the last 2 years.

They literally would be better off just streaming normal radio stations from large cities around the country and world then using their own crappy playlists.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1

This is my last year for sure, I listen to Pandora, Slacker more so that Sirius.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12
reply to r81984

Yup they really went down the shit tubes when Sirius took over!

I was inches away from subbing to XM... I had several channels i loved!!!!!!

IM GLAD I DIDNT!!!!! (All the XM channels i loved are now gone)

1) BIG TRACKS
2) XM LIQUID METAL (The original XM liquid metal)
3) Suite 62
4) The System

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium
join:2005-06-21
Irvine, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

said by Dude111:

Yup they really went down the shit tubes when Sirius took over!

I was inches away from subbing to XM... I had several channels i loved!!!!!!

IM GLAD I DIDNT!!!!! (All the XM channels i loved are now gone)

1) BIG TRACKS
2) XM LIQUID METAL (The original XM liquid metal)
3) Suite 62
4) The System

Yep, All SiriusXM needs is new management. The folks there are tired, and management is forming the platform to a more traditional terrestrial radio type of service.

Meanwhile, the original XM crew was SUPER creative, and programming was superb. I remember reading an article stating how XM (at the time) had over 50TB (or PB) of storage, versus Sirius who only had 20TB (or PB) of storage.

treeman
Premium
join:2000-07-15
Mcgaheysville, VA
reply to r81984

Re: Canceled XM - After 5 years

I'll keep it for now as it is nice on the boat, going to different lakes and looking for stations blows and I don't like messing with the radio, just turn it on. Your not really paying that much attention pulling boards

p51d007
Naa-P51d Mustang

join:2002-06-07
Springfield, MO
reply to r81984

talk talk talk talk

yeah, no commercials, but they bla bla bla bla too much.
I could care less what the "DJ" thinks about a song, event or anything else. "Oh, but it's only 30-60 seconds. Multiply that out over a 24 hour period and you could play a few more songs!
At least the rewind button allows me to skip that BS.
I'm about done too. Been with them since 2003
--
Coming to you from the home of Ozark Mountain Country. Where the air is clean, fishing is great, and we actually wear SHOES!

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA
reply to r81984

Really..... People are paying FOR MUSIC,not this talking BS!! (For the most part)

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3
reply to r81984

Most of the DJ's from the Sirius side of the house seem to think we pay to listen to them. The MTV "VJ" idiots on 80s on 8 and Madison on 1st Wave are examples that come to mind.

NJxxxJon
DSLR'er from the 56k days.
Premium
join:2005-10-22
reply to r81984

Yeah. I keep finding my antennas from years ago. Ebay seems to be the trick for getting rid of them.

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to r81984

Yea I have had service for 8 years total with Sirius, and back then it was better for the first 2 years then went into the crapper from there, and once the merger or whatever you want to call it happened it got even worse.

But traveling around it still does come in handy for not worrying about changing the channel until you want to.

My biggest thing I am pissed about is when they added those new channels that you needed another higher price unit to get access to them which is BS because from reading them some sound like awesome channels to have.

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium
join:2005-06-21
Irvine, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

said by Camaro:

that you needed another higher price unit to get access to them which is BS because from reading them some sound like awesome channels to have.

They are awesome. If you have SXM online access, they are on there.

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA

Yes sir, but they can kiss my ass for having to pay for a service that was free years ago, plus I am in the car most of the when I listen to it so streaming it through my phone is useless for the dead spots hence I won't pay for it.

bemis

join:2008-07-18
Reading, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast

Title caught my eye... I started up w/ XM in 2003ish. By 2006 it was clear they were just playing the junk over and over like FM does.

They they introduced commercials I said forget it and cancelled shortly after. Used to be that you watched cable TV and got quality programming with minimum commercials, then it just became an extension of free TV... XM/Sirius is clearly the same.

It's nothing but commercials and the song/show of-the-month being repeated ad nauseum.

Might as well just get a mix CD and put it on random.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL

I agree with your last statement. I made 4 CDRs of MP3s and put it in my cd changer. I have MORE variety than what is played on New Wave 22.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

said by Warzau:

I agree with your last statement. I made 4 CDRs of MP3s and put it in my cd changer. I have MORE variety than what is played on New Wave 22.

I agree, this is what finally put me over the edge.
BBC radio was good, but they killed that off.
--

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to r81984

I still have XM, but my gripe is similar in that I find the variety dwindling. I still haven't gotten over them axing Cinemagic (yes I know, I could pay more to get it by paying for XM Online, not worth it). I still find it worth paying for, but with another price increase, I might have to show them the door.

Aidens Daddy

join:2006-01-30
united state
reply to r81984

I signed up for XM 2002 until 2006. Then I signed up in 2009 and again in 2011. The sound quality just went down hill over the years. It did not sound like this 10 years ago. FM radio sounds better than XM built in to two different cars.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
reply to r81984

Them cancelling BBCRadio1 and Cinemagic were huge mistakes.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
reply to r81984

I haven't had XM since 2010 I really miss the pre sirusXM days the programming was much better and I ended up finding a lot of new music I haven't heard before.

Every once in awhile when they have the free trial I will listen but I never heard anything worth wanting to sign up again for... Plus I have an ipod with over 25 hours of music.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA
reply to r81984

I hear ya bud!!!!

I was just about to subscribe when sirius took over and destroyed XM!! -- Im glad i didnt (All the stuff i liked was taken off)

Uncle Paul

join:2003-02-04
USA
reply to r81984

We have a lifetime sub on one radio and I have it to listen to Kids Place Live, News, O&A, and occasionally some music. However, the live reads even getting pushed over to Kids Place Live is really just short of sick.

They can stick their App up their arse if they think I'm going to pay extra for it.

happy4ya
Premium
join:2004-10-31
West Babylon, NY
reply to r81984

If I could just pay a reduced price for O&A I would do it and never use anything else. Most of the rest you can get from Pandora and other online services

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
reply to r81984

I have had it for a few years now and mainly keep it for the drives between Houston and Dallas that I do on a frequent basis. I have noticed the selection of music getting smaller over the past few years.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL

Its def the repetitive songs, that have soured it for me.

jack322

join:2012-09-19
reply to r81984

I'm using Pandora for around 1 year. I'm very satisfied with their service.

Expand your moderator at work

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
reply to ilikeme

They repeat the same songs over and over.
If I wanted to listen to the same 10 songs then an mp3 player is more than adequate. I dont get their business logic behind their radio stations.
They literally would be 100 times better if they just stopped all their crappy stations and just rebroadcast already existing FM stations like the iheartradio app.

What I still dont understand is they keep launching new satellites, but yet they are purposely driving away customers. I guess I just dont get their business model.
--

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA

The business model (Like everything else) has gone to crap!

justdon

join:2012-11-16
reply to r81984

In some areas my signal is weak or does not come in..

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to r81984

BBC Radio 1 was a huge loss for me.

As was Cinemagic.

I am still on their retention plan, will like renew if I still get it for a really good price, but man, programming sucks.

I've had satellite radio for about 6 1/2 years, 4 with Sirius and 2 1/2 with XM.

Funny thing is, last time I cancelled (because they refused to give me a decent deals) I hooked up my really old radio and it worked until they came to their senses and gave me a realistic deal...so about 5 months. Perhaps I should just use the free radio option.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein