Search similar:

uniqs

Uncle Paul
join:2003-02-04
USA

Uncle Paul to r81984

to r81984

Re: Canceled XM - After 5 years

We have a lifetime sub on one radio and I have it to listen to Kids Place Live, News, O&A, and occasionally some music. However, the live reads even getting pushed over to Kids Place Live is really just short of sick.

They can stick their App up their arse if they think I'm going to pay extra for it.
happy4ya
Premium Member
join:2004-10-31
West Babylon, NY

happy4ya to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984
If I could just pay a reduced price for O&A I would do it and never use anything else. Most of the rest you can get from Pandora and other online services

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984
I have had it for a few years now and mainly keep it for the drives between Houston and Dallas that I do on a frequent basis. I have noticed the selection of music getting smaller over the past few years.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

Its def the repetitive songs, that have soured it for me.
jack322
join:2012-09-19

jack322 to r81984

to r81984
I'm using Pandora for around 1 year. I'm very satisfied with their service.
Expand your moderator at work

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984 to ilikeme

Premium Member

to ilikeme

They repeat the same songs over and over.
If I wanted to listen to the same 10 songs then an mp3 player is more than adequate. I dont get their business logic behind their radio stations.
They literally would be 100 times better if they just stopped all their crappy stations and just rebroadcast already existing FM stations like the iheartradio app.

What I still dont understand is they keep launching new satellites, but yet they are purposely driving away customers. I guess I just dont get their business model.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned)

The business model (Like everything else) has gone to crap!
justdon
join:2012-11-16

justdon to r81984

to r81984

In some areas my signal is weak or does not come in..

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984
BBC Radio 1 was a huge loss for me.

As was Cinemagic.

I am still on their retention plan, will like renew if I still get it for a really good price, but man, programming sucks.

I've had satellite radio for about 6 1/2 years, 4 with Sirius and 2 1/2 with XM.

Funny thing is, last time I cancelled (because they refused to give me a decent deals) I hooked up my really old radio and it worked until they came to their senses and gave me a realistic deal...so about 5 months. Perhaps I should just use the free radio option.

Uncle Paul
USA

Uncle Paul to r81984

to r81984
Yea my brother is in a limbo zone like that two. He had XM prior to the merge and had canceled his service, but the radio still worked. Still works to this day and he doesn't pay a dime.

Dragasoni
We're All Mad Here
Premium Member
join:2001-12-14
Palm Bay, FL

Dragasoni to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984
I cancelled my Sirius account in May of 2009 after getting laid off from my job. The radio worked for almost 6 months after that, and one day it was hit with the kill code and off it went. Ended up selling the Jeep Cherokee with the radio installed in it.

Fast forward to now, I purchased a 2011 Nissan Cube Krom for my wife in March of 2012 and it had XM built in. Didn't think much of it, but about 2 weeks ago I got a letter in the mail stating they've enabled my radio for a free 3 month trial. Went out to the car, and sure enough XM was working. I was happy because we're driving out to Abilene, TX on December 20th and this will come in handy.

But to my dismay, I got a letter a few days ago saying my free trial ends January 16, 2013. This means I lost about 40 days of my 90 day free trial. I called them to ask for an extension, but they declined. Instead they offered me 6 months of service for $29.94 ($4.99 a month).

Oh well, hopefully the kill codes don't reach the radio too soon after the free trial ends. I'd be willing to pay $4.99 a month, but at the standard $14.49 a month it's way over-priced in my opinion.

-Dragasoni-

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

I dont think you could ever get it for $4.99.
The only way to try is to call and go straight to cancellations as they are the only workers who can give you deals.
Until I canceled I was able to get 50% off each year.
Basically it was around $80 a year ($6.67 a month).

If they are doing $4.99 that is better than what I ever got.
I dont think anyone atually pays full price for XM as you can always get at least 50% off.

You have to be careful when you order.
The online was always included in the subscription, but they started nickel and diming people on it trying to say it is not included and costs extra. For the last two year I had to bitch until they added the online at no extra cost.

Dragasoni
We're All Mad Here
Premium Member
join:2001-12-14
Palm Bay, FL

Dragasoni to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984
Click for full size
Probably should have posted this as proof, because it surprised me as well to receive this letter.

-Dragasoni-
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to Uncle Paul

to Uncle Paul

Believe me Paul i dont blame him for cancelling....

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau to Dragasoni

Premium Member

to Dragasoni

Yeah it going the way of AOL. I still get letters like that for a dead radio, I hemmed and hawwed to give me that discount for my current radio which replace the dead one. Next april this radio is done for. I already cancelled the sub in the built in radio for my other car. But they gave me 2 free months. You just got to remember to call to cancel. There are direct numbers to the cancellation dept.

Uncle Paul
USA

Uncle Paul to r81984

to r81984
I dunno. Listening to Opie, Anthony, and Norton in the morning just has me spoiled. Whenever I have to take a loaner without it and am forced to listen to local radio it's just so horrifically bad. The morning zoo trio format consisting of the old guy, young stud whacky guy, and the girl/hole that there to suck all the fun out and keep the guys in line... echhh it's just so very bad.

I suppose if I only used it for music I'd probably cancel and move to just using my phone as a MP3 source too. But I can't get the news and talk radio anywhere else really and at $8/month, it still worth it.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

Inno
I canceled mine last summer.
But for 5 years I used the Pioneer Inno portable radio.
If you really like XM and change cars or want it even if you go to the beach, walking, or biking then get an Inno or whatever newer model they have.
It even worked flawlessly in St. Johns canada using a local FM transmitter they had in the city.
There is also a special pair of head phones you can buy with a built in satellite antenna so you can keep it in your pocket.

I used it everywhere including on airplanes when I traveled.
I just plugged it into the car radio with a cable or casette adaptor, but it also had a built in fm transmitter.
If you really like XM get one of these. I paid $80 for it 5 years ago, the battery still lasted hours after 5 years so I never had to get a new one.