spc
uniqs

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn to DC DSL

Anon

to DC DSL

Re: [Rant] Worst Burger King in the world

The manager was obviously incompetent, in that she allowed the situation to exist in the first place and did not take ownership of or attempt to correct the multitude of problems. The kitchen staff was completely disorganized (they produced zero food items for a good 5 minute period, while numerous people were waiting), and the order taker had to yell at them to start making the items for which they had outstanding orders. ("Just keep making chicken sandwiches until I tell you to stop!") I felt sorry for the order taker, who seemed to be the only competent person in the entire place. I would have promoted her to manager.

Koil, this is the Rants forum. So I posted a rant, OK? I sent the comments to BK not to get coupons or other compensation, but to hopefully get them to fix the problems. I posted here so the Google-using world will see how bad that one particular store is and avoid it. (I should learn how to use Twitter for this purpose.)

Burger King's sole purpose in life is to allow the Wall Street types to bleed it dry, over and over again: »www.nytimes.com/2012/06/ ··· cow.html

And, finally, jjoshua: »www.urbandictionary.com/ ··· unedible

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL

Premium Member

said by aannoonn :

The manager was obviously incompetent, in that she allowed the situation to exist in the first place and did not take ownership of or attempt to correct the multitude of problems. The kitchen staff was completely disorganized (they produced zero food items for a good 5 minute period, while numerous people were waiting), and the order taker had to yell at them to start making the items for which they had outstanding orders. ("Just keep making chicken sandwiches until I tell you to stop!") I felt sorry for the order taker, who seemed to be the only competent person in the entire place. I would have promoted her to manager.

Unless you 1) SPOKE with the manager about your experience, and 2) Tell BK about what the manager's response was, you are just blowing hot air on the Internet. Period.

And just because something is in the Urban Dictionary DOES NOT make it an acceptable part of speech. In spite of what many think, Internet Speak is not universal and does not carry much, if any, weight in the corporate world.

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn

Anon

said by DC DSL:

Unless you 1) SPOKE with the manager about your experience, and 2) Tell BK about what the manager's response was, you are just blowing hot air on the Internet. Period.

The manager knew about most of these problems. The manager knew people were waiting far too long. The manager knew the trash was overflowing. The manager knew the kitchen wasn't fulfilling orders. The manager knew about the safety hazard with the water on the floor.

The manager didn't need to me to tell her any of this. You think the response would be, "Yes, sir! I'll take care of all of these right away!"?? Of course not. Me complaining to the manager would have changed nothing.

And I guess you missed my after the Urban Dictionary reference.

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL

Premium Member

said by aannoonn :

The manager didn't need to me to tell her any of this. You think the response would be, "Yes, sir! I'll take care of all of these right away!"?? Of course not. Me complaining to the manager would have changed nothing.

It doesn't matter what you *think* the manager should have known. You bringing it to his/her attention and not getting satisfaction makes it an even more serious matter that corporate will most definitely follow up and come down hard on manager and/or franchisee.

When we would visit my late mother-in-law at the veterans home, sometimes we would stop at the McDonald's by there. For the longest time, one of the self-service drink machines did not have ice, no matter what time of day it was. This was particularly annoying if it was lunchtime and there was a mob scene for the other one that was working. After having mentioned this to someone at the counter several times, I finally asked the manager what the problem was. He said it was the first he'd heard of it and would get it fixed. Next visit a few weeks later, same thing. I asked him about it and he had no idea what I was talking about. Then, on top of that, I discovered the chicken sandwiches we had ordered were ice cold...as in they hadn't been cooked at all. I went back to the guy and complained about that. He said "Sorry but you can see we are really busy right now...If you want to wait 30 minutes I'll give you hot ones or you can have something else or your money back." I opted for my money back. I then reported that to corporate. Stopped in a few weeks later just to see if anything was different. A different guy's name was up on the management board, all new people there, and while it was as busy as always, it was running smoothly and they had replaced the broken beverage machine as well. I also received letters in the mail from both corporate and the franchise operator apologizing profusely for what had happened and accompanied by 10 "your order is free" vouchers. We haven't been there since m-i-l passed away but at least as of late last summer, they hadn't regressed.

The upshot is if people don't speak up quickly, problems will drag on. And, having a manager who acts like there's not much to be done about a problem and customers have to live with it is something that an image-conscious company needs to hear about right away.

Mickey D's, BK and Wendy's routinely review the video of stores where there are problems being reported; secret shoppers are also dispatched in some cases. They can quickly see for themselves what's going on and figure out the cause. Heads do roll, and franchisees who consistently/repeatedly rack up a lot of complaints do get terminated per the terms of their agreements.

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn

Anon

said by DC DSL:

After having mentioned this to someone at the counter several times, I finally asked the manager what the problem was. He said it was the first he'd heard of it and would get it fixed. Next visit a few weeks later, same thing. I asked him about it and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Thank you for reaffirming my suspicion that talking to the manager (and inviting confrontation) would have been a complete waste of my time.

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

1 recommendation

DC DSL

Premium Member

said by aannoonn :

Thank you for reaffirming my suspicion that talking to the manager (and inviting confrontation) would have been a complete waste of my time.

No, you are deliberately being obtuse. The impression I got from taking it up the food chain is that no one else had bothered to do so and follow up long before I did. Doing things in a proper sequence gets results sooner rather than later. Obviously you are more interested in bellyaching on the Internet than actually making a company do a better job. Attitudes like yours are why customer service in general sucks so bad: People don't tell companies they suck to their faces.