spc
uniqs
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to Xstar_Lumini

to Xstar_Lumini

Re: WARNING: WIND Mobile

So you can go with WIND and have great plans but an awful network and frustrating customer service.

Or go with the Big 3 and have ridiculously overpriced plans, poor network and frustrating customer service.

Makes me not want to have a cell phone with this pathetic situation.
spartan002
Premium Member
join:2008-12-22
Brampton, ON

spartan002

Premium Member

sorry brad but i gotta call bs on poor network on big 3.
big 3 maybe stupid expensive but there network is crazy good and those 3/4g speed are off the roof for a mobile connection. my friends s3 from bell can pull 8mb down/1.9mb up with 60ms ping. thats 1mbyte/sec for download, very fast for a cellphone connection faster then some home internet.

he says he can easily play games online on his ps vita using thether. but he is paying close to 100 dollars a month lol

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by spartan002:

big 3 maybe stupid expensive but there network is crazy good

Get back to me when you're trying to use a Rogers cell along the Lake Erie shore and have no service.

Oddly enough, Wind works just fine there.

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

BliZZardX to spartan002

Premium Member

to spartan002
Click for full size
Where do you actually get that speed though? If you are close to the base station you will get reasonable speed on any provider

Wind not only has less towers, but they spread them out further. Eventually areas will get filled in. They also systemically throttle upload to 56kbps depending how many users on which makes loading web pages slow and ping a nightmare. Rogers does the same thing, I experienced several outages in 2010 when I streamed the World Cup on my Android at lunch hour at Wellington/Bay St.

Gaming on wireless is a joke whether you're using LTE or 802.11ac, the jitter alone will lag you out. The number 1 packet priority is for voice.

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by spartan002:

big 3 maybe stupid expensive but there network is crazy good

Get back to me when you're trying to use a Rogers cell along the Lake Erie shore and have no service.

Oddly enough, Wind works just fine there.

Or try using Rogers in an underground parking lot at Leslie/Eglinton... their signal is non-existant while WIND penetrates it just fine.