spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bpo1mchs

@mchsi.com

[IL] How to remove zimba from my computer

I wish now I had never down loaded zimba on to my computer to be used with e mail. I want to go back to the just pain mchsi.com. I wish I could go back to Out Look Express but it will not work on windows 7. I even tried thunderbird but no luck with it either. I just wish that mediacom had some thing be sides web type mail system. One thing I dislike is when I try to remove the forward e mail and send a e mail all people get is nothing but blanks pagers.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:116

The Zimbra webmail client is not a program that is downloaded to your computer, it is only a web interface that is used to access your email, and is reached by going to either mail.mediacombb.net or mail.mchsi.com, as both access the same system.

You can find instructions to set up your email with a third party email program at http://mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/emailgetstarted.php and looking at the topics under Email set-up.
--
MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
»mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/

kwbelt1

join:2006-06-03
Marion, IL
reply to bpo1mchs

Windows Live Mail is as close to MS Outlook Express you're going to get.

bpo1mailco

@mchsi.com
reply to MediacomChad

I have not removed it but I have set up a third party e mail using @ mail.com Now it just a wait and see game if I did it right. Thank you for your help

bpo1mchs

@mchsi.com
reply to kwbelt1

Thanks I will give it a try My son uses live so I will ask him how to get it.

kwbelt1

join:2006-06-03
Marion, IL

»windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind···programs

elios

join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO
reply to bpo1mchs

im a fan of Thunderbird my self been using some form of the Mozilla mail client since the Netscape days

BlueMist

join:2011-01-24
Cookeville, TN
reply to bpo1mchs

Mediacom does allow you to use any POP3 email program your PC and you are able to use.

Here is the link showing the servers that would be used by the email program you setup.

»www.emailquestions.com/isp-free-···ers.html

thedragonmas

join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
kudos:1
reply to bpo1mchs

the only problem i can think of with using your own is, as far as im aware, there is no way to disable the spam folder so that "ALL" mail is sent to the program, thus if any mail is falsely flagged as spam you wont know about it unless you log in to the web interface every so often (i assume spam is auto deleted after X days, not sure on that though) at least if i remember right thats a problem i was having before where logs from my router (emailed to my self) kept getting shoved in to spam (even WITH a filter set up)

now if mediacom allowed IMAP access im reasonably sure the spam folder should show up and youd be good to go (even gmail gives there users imap access, sadly mediacom does not)

bpo1mchs

@mchsi.com
reply to bpo1mchs

I found out I will have better service using windows ms mail this is as close as I can come to out look so I have sign on with the hot mail messager at live .com I will justleave the mediacom mail for my mail whichI can check and forward to myself if I deside to keep it

BAINCH
Premium,VIP,MVM
join:2003-04-02
Blooming Grove, NY
kudos:11
reply to BlueMist

said by BlueMist:

Mediacom does allow you to use any POP3 email program your PC and you are able to use.

Here is the link showing the servers that would be used by the email program you setup.

»www.emailquestions.com/isp-free-···ers.html

This link contains inaccurate information, specifically the SMTP information. Mindspring is owned by Earthlink and has no affiliation with Mediacom.

ZC_217

join:2010-02-07
Des Moines, IA
reply to BlueMist

The correct server info is here:
»mediacomcable.com/CustomerSuppor···ting.php

and clicking on the server info under the email icon.

BlueMist

join:2011-01-24
Cookeville, TN
reply to BAINCH

I stand corrected. Like much of the internet the info is only as good as the source...