Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Iceylinux

join:2003-06-13
Wilkes Barre, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

Garbage - Business Cable Customer Rant :)

So i have Prolog/PenTeleData/PTD/POS i added that last one in there, see how i did that it even fits!

I live in wonderful / beautiful Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. I had SECable, 30/2 Service. Well We don't have cable (holy @#!% pricing) We watch netflix instead. HELLO 300 DOLLAR ONE MONTH BILL FOR SERVICE AND OVERAGES! So I called for business cable internet. Lets talk about pricing. 12/2 (FASTEST THEY OFFER FOR FRIGGING BUSINESS!) is $140.00 a month ++. After the commercial sales rep gave me the price, I screamed on the phone (no words). The rep asked me if i was ok. My reply "Not really, getting bent over with no lube hurts." Without any other real choice =/ I had to sign up for the service. Ofcourse i signed a 3yr contract so i didnt pay an installation fee for someone to come out to my house take the residential cable modem and replace it with a business class one. Why the hell would i pay 100 and some dollars for some moron to do that on a lunch break. Lets talk about service now So 12/2 LOL!!!!!!!!!! More like 9/1.2 ON A GOOD DAY!.

Lets post a live chat for some comedy here.

Rep. says:
And how may I be of assistance today?
Tom says:
TEST 267292 7.92 DOWN 891 KBPS UP TEST 267293 8.07MBPS DOWN 1.18MBPS UP TEST 267294 6.09MBPS DOWN 1.16MBPS UP TEST 267295 7.60MBPS DOWN 957KBPS UP
Tom says:
See anything wrong with that?
Rep. says:
Let me review your modem and speed for your account.
Tom says:
Its the "joke of the internet package" aka 12/2
Tom says:
Sarcasm is high right now just so you know.
Tom says:
Not trying to be mean towards you in any such way
Rep. says:
Well actually those values aren't too bad for your speed package. Do you have any other computers that may be leeching bandwidth from a router you have connected to your modem by any chance?
Tom says:
Are you kidding me, 50% of my rated speed is not bad?
Lets pay 140 dollars a month for 12/2 Get half of my speed 6/1 AND BE HAPPY ABOUT IT! MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE! I bet if his internet was jacked up he would be more #$%#$ off then i am right now!

So I'm writing a letter to the CEO.. That reminds me lol, back to another spot of the chat.

Tom says:
CEO name.
Rep. says:
I can't give out that information.
Tom says:
You dont have a choice, You have to provide me the name of your CEO.
Tom says:
You are legally required to provide me the name of the CEO of the company.
Tom says:
Who im going to write a letter to.
Rep. says:
This is a privately held company. You can address the letter to :To whom it may concern or Administration.
The name of the CEO is found on the website. He refused to provide it to me. This is a HUGE NO NO in Customer Service.

Can you get faster internet to your home then what they offer for cable? Sure you can LET ME SHARE THAT PRICING WITH YOU.

10Mbps of Internet Bandwidth over 10Mbps of EtherPoint transport
Transport from *************., Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
to a PenTeleData Node
3 Years $1,135.00
5 Years $1,084.00

20Mbps of Internet Bandwidth over 25Mbps of EtherPoint transport
to a PenTeleData Node
3 Years $1,657.00
5 Years $1,534.00

30Mbps of Internet Bandwidth over 50Mbps of EtherPoint transport
to a PenTeleData Node
3 Years $1,983.00
5 Years $1,847.00
Why i'm stuck do you ask. Because verizon will only drop 5mbps dsl to my doorstep. however if i put my neighbors address in it will drop 15mbps to his doorstep. I live in a twin/double/duplex whatever you call it. Its the same damn structure. Verizon will not help or prevision my address for the high speed, i've tried.

About a year and half ago i've obtained a position in a company that allows to me work from home. So with that being said i've decided to MOVE.

I'll even tell you guys where, why? Because it makes me happy.

Chattanooga, TN

What the heck?

»epbfi.com/internet/

They will deliver up to 1,000MBPS EACH WAY TO RESIDENTIAL!

The SMALLEST package they offer is 30/30! @ 57 BUCKS A MONTH! NO CAPS! PURE FIBER!

Anyways, Rant over.

Yours truly,

Iceylinux, a.k.a Tom

Iceylinux

join:2003-06-13
Wilkes Barre, PA

So now i get 35/3 for the same price. mostly 33/2.2

Also EPB's SLOWEST speed is now 50/50 =/ God i cant wait to get the hell out of wilkes-barre.