spc
Search similar:

uniqs

KeysCapt

join:2001-07-11
Carson City, NV

KeysCapt

Torre says Clemens belongs in HOF

Joe Torre believes pitcher Roger Clemens belongs in the Hall of Fame even though the seven-time Cy Young Award winner has been connected to performance-enhancing drugs.

Torre, now MLB's executive vice president for baseball operations, acknowledged that when evaluating Clemens' career there will always be questions about his ties to performance-enhancing drugs.

Fox Sports Article

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

As much as I hate Clemens I have to agree. He had HOF numbers in my opinion before he started taking the roids (which we all think is when he went to Toronto).

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to KeysCapt

Premium Member

to KeysCapt
I think Rocket will be in the HOF

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness

I don't think he'll ever get in. Whereas if he hadn't started using performance-enhancing drugs and rejuvenated his career, I think he would have gotten in.

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to KeysCapt

to KeysCapt
(asterisk)

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
said by fatness:

I don't think he'll ever get in.

Innocent of perjury to Congress isn't going to clear the belief BY EVERYONE that he used steroids. I doubt he will ever get in.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to KeysCapt

Premium Member

to KeysCapt
It's going to take some time, but in really think he'll get it.

I still think Pete Rose will get in eventually

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

AB57

Premium Member

said by WK2:

I still think Pete Rose will get in eventually

Do yourself a big favor and don't bet the farm on that one.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

And not letting Rose in is the biggest joke of all.

The hypocrisy of MLB with the rampant drug use and the inaction of Selig is unbelievable.

Bonds holds the most sacred record of all time and this scumbag will probably get in before Pete Rose ..........arguably the best ballplayer ever.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

Even though I agree that gambling on a sport by a current player or manager or coach is egregious, I have seen no evidence that Pete Rose's gambling had any influence on the outcome of games at any time. The cheaters who used PEDs directly influenced the outcome of games and affected the record books greatly. The PED users struck at the game's integrity to a much higher degree than Rose's gambling. I'm not even sure Rose's gambling actually struck at the game's integrity. Rose's problem is the appearance of impropriety and his initial lying about it. I think Rose should be in the HOF but concede that he probably won't get in. Rose's lifetime ban won't be lifted by Selig. Perhaps it will be by the next commissioner.

KeysCapt

join:2001-07-11
Carson City, NV

KeysCapt

said by drslash:

Rose's problem is the appearance of impropriety and his initial lying about it.

Rose lied about it for 15 years, then finally acknowledged it in his book.

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

AB57 to drslash

Premium Member

to drslash
said by drslash:

Even though I agree that gambling on a sport by a current player or manager or coach is egregious, I have seen no evidence that Pete Rose's gambling had any influence on the outcome of games at any time. The cheaters who used PEDs directly influenced the outcome of games and affected the record books greatly. The PED users struck at the game's integrity to a much higher degree than Rose's gambling. I'm not even sure Rose's gambling actually struck at the game's integrity. Rose's problem is the appearance of impropriety and his initial lying about it. I think Rose should be in the HOF but concede that he probably won't get in. Rose's lifetime ban won't be lifted by Selig. Perhaps it will be by the next commissioner.

I'm not going to argue with your position, I'm merely going to state a couple of facts:

There is only one unforgivable sin within MLB-- betting on the games while being officially associated with the game.
Using drugs is a forgivable sin within baseball-- just ask Darryl Strawberry or Steve Howe.

Steroids are drugs-- concoctions you eat or get injected with.
Right now, sentiment is on the side of steroid users being banned from the HOF, but that sentiment is always subject to change. Steroid users don't get banned from the game, they get suspended for a period of time. After serving their suspensions and testing clean, they're allowed to play again. [/facts]

A lifetime ban from the game for betting on baseball is just what it says it is-- for life. The Pete Rose and Joe Jackson and whomever else decisions aren't going to be vacated, ignored, overturned or overlooked.
Those people went ahead and did the one and ONLY THING they weren't allowed to do. So, they're gone. They're out.
Doesn't matter what the name is, how many people revere them, how many people cry in their beers over it, how many petitions are filed.
They're out.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

And not letting Rose in is the biggest joke of all.

The hypocrisy of MLB with the rampant drug use and the inaction of Selig is unbelievable.

Bonds holds the most sacred record of all time and this scumbag will probably get in before Pete Rose ..........arguably the best ballplayer ever.

Bonds won't get in. Clemens might, but Bonds won't. He's a cheater.

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

Bonds is as guilty as Clemens, yet you only call Bonds a cheater? lol

Bonds had HOF numbers before his roids.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by MuDvAyNe:

Bonds is as guilty as Clemens, yet you only call Bonds a cheater? lol

Bonds had HOF numbers before his roids.

Both are cheaters...

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

The biggest guys in batting in my memory won't make the HOF. Its weird thinking these guys dont deserve it.

Sosa, McGwire, Bonds.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

to MuDvAyNe
No he didn't~