how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

JAQUEBAUER

join:2007-09-20
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to taco_hell

Re: i hate ATT I really do!

I can attest that the criminal ATT does fine the user for exceeding the bandwidth cap. I am fined almost every month as a customer of DSL Extreme. I would have moved to Comcast long ago except they cannot seem to provide reliable service to my location-which seems to be the last house on the end of their trunk. Comcast customer service sucks, and so with the fines from ATT amounting to 20-30 bucks over the base fee-it adds up.

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
Pearland, TX
kudos:4
said by JAQUEBAUER:

I can attest that the criminal ATT does fine the user for exceeding the bandwidth cap. I am fined almost every month as a customer of DSL Extreme. I would have moved to Comcast long ago except they cannot seem to provide reliable service to my location-which seems to be the last house on the end of their trunk. Comcast customer service sucks, and so with the fines from ATT amounting to 20-30 bucks over the base fee-it adds up.

just curious, how much extra bandwidth do you use that merits and extra 20-30 charge on your bill?

do you monitor it? how? and does it match ATT's meter or something?

taco_hell

join:2001-09-16
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
·Comcast
asjamias, ATT does charge you for the fraction, let's say you go over 1-2 gigs from the cap you get the 10 dollars fine.

I've got charged for going over twice and it's not impossible to use more than 150gig, if your house has more than 2 computers, and both computers are watching netflix stream and besides that, buying games through steam, hulu, normal browsing, playing online, patches, skype, wi-fi calling if your cel phone has no reception in your house (android ftw) all that eats 150gig like an Ethiopian in an all you can eat buffet.

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
Pearland, TX
kudos:4
said by taco_hell:

asjamias, ATT does charge you for the fraction, let's say you go over 1-2 gigs from the cap you get the 10 dollars fine.

I've got charged for going over twice and it's not impossible to use more than 150gig, if your house has more than 2 computers, and both computers are watching netflix stream and besides that, buying games through steam, hulu, normal browsing, playing online, patches, skype, wi-fi calling if your cel phone has no reception in your house (android ftw) all that eats 150gig like an Ethiopian in an all you can eat buffet.

I know.....

I was just wondering how much extra bandwidth = charges...

that's why I jumped to Comcast biz where I could use my connection freely...I never was able to see how ATT does this bandwidth monitoring = charges thing.......

I got more than 3 internet connected devices at home that connects to netflix and other streaming services.