drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

1 recommendation

Necessary?

The snark at the end of the post is ridiculous.

Blog comments on any hot button issue are absolutely worthless. Not sure why that's even worthy of being posted.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

Alex J

@ecatel.net

So saying you take feedback "very seriously" then proceeding to not allow any = fine.

Pointing out how that's rather silly = ridiculous.

Glad we've got that straightened out.

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA

1 recommendation

Blog comments on a hot button issue are the antithesis of feedback.

Cisco has numerous feedback channels one can pursue.

Alex J

@sunwave.com.br

Blog comments on a hot button issue are the antithesis of feedback.

While blog comment quality usually leaves something to be desired (this conversation a prime example), saying it's not feedback is complete nonsense.

It's just feedback that's public and in the case likely negative.

mix

join:2002-03-19
Utica, MI

1 recommendation

reply to drew

By your logic drew, the same can be said for your comment to this article.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
reply to drew

said by drew:

Blog comments on any hot button issue are absolutely worthless. Not sure why that's even worthy of being posted.

It actually made me chuckle.
If you don't feel it's worthy what news topics have you submitted for review lately?
--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
reply to mix

I'm not expecting customer satisfaction or Karl to change his posts by way of my posting here. There's a difference.

Edit: and I'd not exactly equate a blog post to a news article.

viperpa33s
Why Me?
Premium
join:2002-12-20
Bradenton, FL
reply to drew

Since you are an expert on this, do you work for Cisco? Are you a customer of Cisco on a daily bases? First of all I can tell you from experience that there feedback sucks. Not only don't they listen to there residential customers, they don't listen to there business customers either.

As far as providing numerous feedback channels, show me where they are? You mean like the worthless feedback emails a company sends you after you buy and register the product?

Expand your moderator at work

spewak
R.I.P Dadkins
Premium
join:2001-08-07
Elk Grove, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet
reply to drew

Re: Necessary?

said by drew:

I'm not expecting customer satisfaction or Karl to change his posts by way of my posting here. There's a difference.

But yet the "Feedback channel" is available to you. Negative or otherwise.
--

Romney equals Epic Fail!

battleop

join:2005-09-28

1 recommendation

I don't see how it's all that different if DSLR only accepts positive feedback.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to drew

Very necessary. Pretty obvious Cisco doesn't give a shit. 'Connect Cloud' for a router is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard. So stupid that they must know how stupid it is and are just hoping to pull one over on less informed customers.

My Synology NAS has apps and all sorts of fancy stuff that I mostly don't use. None of it requires that I login to some bullshit 'cloud' account that collects information.

RARPSL

join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY
reply to spewak

said by spewak:

said by drew:

But yet the "Feedback channel" is available to you. Negative or otherwise.

You mean a Feedback channel that is routed to /dev.null (ie: Is Bit Bucketed)? Any Feedback channel whose input is not visible to those using it is simple to ignore or claim that that your input is unique and not being made by others. A Blog at least reflects what is being said and unless additional additions are forbidden (as is the case here) or negative remarks are removed shows what has been said about an issue.

Warez_Zealot

join:2006-04-19
Vancouver
reply to drew

said by drew:

Just shows that CISCO is run by liars and spin doctors. I'm not surprised that they did this though. They're an ethically corrupt bunch those guys.

I knew that CISCO was loosing its trustworthiness back when they had one of their ex CEO's arrested, imprisoned and a bunch of other rotten things done to him by lying to Canadian and US judges.
--
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it."-Malcolm X

MattAKM

join:2002-08-04
Anoka, MN
reply to viperpa33s

Spot on, my former employer spent millions on Crisco and their support was terrible. I could write a novel on their excuse for support.
»flic.kr/p/cs2iEw