uniqs
share rss forum feed

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to tvoldtimer

Re: Cable Wrapped Around Power Line (again)

if its the poco or home owners pole, why should comcast have to pay for something like that?
--
I'm better than you!

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA
said by gar187er:

if its the poco or home owners pole, why should comcast have to pay for something like that?

Just to make it clear in case I haven't, It is the power company's pole, has the markings and tags. I only pay for the security light on it.

Problem is, power company wont do anything about it (and its their pole) and Comcast for whatever reason wont move the cable from where it originates from (across the street) down a bit so the cable wont be completely under the power line.

Both Comcast and the power company have been out here twice, and both say there is nothing they can do. Although the power company has untangled it on both occasions.
--
Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry,
and all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by Robotics:

Both Comcast and the power company have been out here twice, and both say there is nothing they can do. Although the power company has untangled it on both occasions.

The power company is concerned about the legal liability they might have if the insulation were to wear through and the Comcast cable was not properly grounded. They may also be concerned about outages (and even possible power company property damage) if the insulation were to wear through and the Comcast cable was properly grounded (I think the fireworks display in that scenario was previously mentioned in this thread). OTOH, the power company does not have the authority to do anything with Comcast's cable other than temporarily correct the potential problem by untangling the cables.
--
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower