Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed

Re: [Rant] Worst Burger King in the world

said by CylonRed:

No power to a restaurant means no open restaurant.

Maybe for BK but not for all places. Waffle House has procedures in place to continue to operate even without power. They have a special menu for it even. If a Waffle House closes for a reason other than normally scheduled closing then you know you're fucked and should get out of the area. I even read an article once, I think it was on CNN, about how a high ranking official with FEMA unofficially judges what areas hit by a disaster are worse off depending on what menu is in effect at the closest Waffle House.

Edit: It was in the WSJ: »online.wsj.com/article/S ··· 364.html

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

said by thegeek:

said by CylonRed:

No power to a restaurant means no open restaurant.

Maybe for BK but not for all places. Waffle House has procedures in place to continue to operate even without power. They have a special menu for it even. If a Waffle House closes for a reason other than normally scheduled closing then you know you're fucked and should get out of the area. I even read an article once, I think it was on CNN, about how a high ranking official with FEMA unofficially judges what areas hit by a disaster are worse off depending on what menu is in effect at the closest Waffle House.

Edit: It was in the WSJ: »online.wsj.com/article/S ··· 364.html

ANd if the generator was not working = no restaurant opening. The comment is still valid. No electricity means no opening. Does not matter where the electric comes from - they have to have it to run.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to thegeek

MVM

to thegeek
said by thegeek:

Maybe for BK but not for all places. Waffle House has procedures in place to continue to operate even without power. They have a special menu for it even.

The WSJ is trying to load slowly as I type this, but I thought there were health (department) regulations about food establishments operating -- or not operating -- when they have no electricity. Probably applies to no hot water as well (for sanitizing purposes).

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

I would guess every jurisdiction has its own rules and enforcement.