spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lll808lll

join:2010-05-10
reply to iansltx

Re: Any wireless providers with no throttling? sprint?

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Thanks for clearing up the sprint question. Didn't mean to offend sprint.
Yeah I have an iphone 3gs I could tether for sprint. But I don't like contracts though.
So on the phone..sprint has unlimited. On the pc with a data card its 1GB.

So basically, you can't get wireless unlimited no throttling broadband for a pc.
..unless you tether with sprint or something. wonderful..that make a lot of sense. why would anyone want broadband on a pc. lol.

Oh well..geez.. I give up on this unlimited internet at home ON A PC for now.
I'll just drive up the road a ways and download from the hundred available wifi hotspots for free with my iphone 3gs. lol.
Yeah, that sounds much better.. free. no contracts, and no download limits. lolololol
So basically I can get exactly what I want for FREE on my iphone. But I can't PAY for it for a home pc. lol Awesome.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast

Your 3GS won't work on Sprint by the way. It's GSM only. The iPhone 4 has GSM and CDMA variants; the latter works on Sprint. The 4S has both rolled nto one phone.

As for unlimited on your phone vs. PC, I'm going to take a guess at what the WiFi hotspots just up the road are connected to: cable or DSL. You can use your computer on those hotspots as well, assuming you've got a laptop.

And, as I said, you can do a heck of a lot more downloading on a PC than you would realistically doo on a phone. Sure, you could stream Netflix over 3G and hook your phone up to a big screen TV, but those use cases are rare. Pulling a few hundred gigabytes down on a desktop connection...not so rare. I've done it for multiple months in a row.

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI
kudos:2
reply to lll808lll

said by lll808lll:

I'll just drive up the road a ways and download from the hundred available wifi hotspots for free with my iphone 3gs. lol.

I know you may be joking, but if you are connecting to wi-fi hotspots, please make sure you have permission to use them. Far too many people will just connect to any unsecured network and use it, without regard to the fact they are essentially stealing someone else's internet connection. I'm not trying to accuse you of doing that, but it is something that I do take very seriously.