uniqs

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

1 edit

TitusTroy to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: So Long....

since it seems that the 'total' number of HD channels seems far more important to you then anything else then you should be happy with Comcast...or TWC etc...hopefully you actually watch these channels and aren't just putting them up there just to make a point...it's one thing to complain about the lack of certain HD channels that one actually watches rather then making a list just to make a case

I see others constantly whining about History 2 HD etc which makes me wonder if people are really serious or not...most of these sub HD channels either show the same content as the main HD channel (just in different time slots) or have very little HD content to begin with...for me BBC America and Cartoon Network are the only really important channels I feel FiOS is missing

either way it's good to see you actually change to something that will make you happy versus constantly whining about TWC, Comcast etc adding new HD channels to their lineup...I've said it countless times that they are mostly adding filler channels to artificially inflate their total HD numbers

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit

bohratom

said by TitusTroy:

I see others constantly whining about History 2 HD etc which makes me wonder if people are really serious or not...most of these sub HD channels either show the same content as the main HD channel

While I agree with your main point regarding people putting too much emphases on HD channels I think you opened up a can of whoop arse when it comes to the History vs H2 channel debate. H2 is what the History channel use to be many years ago before they added all their reality series. History channel today is mostly reality trash TV. H2 on the other hand is 24 hours of history documentaries and such just like it used to be. It is not, as u said, just another sub channel repeating the same programs.

Ok, Im done with my whine...

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy

said by bohratom:

regarding people putting too much emphases on HD channels I think you opened up a can of whoop arse when it comes to the History vs H2 channel debate. H2 is what the History channel use to be many years ago before they added all their reality series. History channel today is mostly reality trash TV. H2 on the other hand is 24 hours of history documentaries and such just like it used to be. It is not, as u said, just another sub channel repeating the same programs

didn't know that about the History 2 channel...in that case it seems like a worthwhile addition...but there are other HD channels which have been quoted numerous times by the same people here over and over which don't add any value

rtcy
FACTS only please
Premium Member
join:1999-10-16
Norwalk, CA

2 edits

rtcy to TitusTroy

Premium Member

to TitusTroy
said by TitusTroy:

since it seems that the 'total' number of HD channels seems far more important to you then anything else then you should be happy with Comcast...or TWC etc...hopefully you actually watch these channels and aren't just putting them up there just to make a point...it's one thing to complain about the lack of certain HD channels that one actually watches rather then making a list just to make a case

I see others constantly whining about History 2 HD etc which makes me wonder if people are really serious or not...most of these sub HD channels either show the same content as the main HD channel (just in different time slots) or have very little HD content to begin with...for me BBC America and Cartoon Network are the only really important channels I feel FiOS is missing

either way it's good to see you actually change to something that will make you happy versus constantly whining about TWC, Comcast etc adding new HD channels to their lineup...I've said it countless times that they are mostly adding filler channels to artificially inflate their total HD numbers

most of us that "whine and bitch" in here are very serious. that's why i spend most of my time surfing in the SD section. there a re quite a few STARZ and other channels simply NOT available in HD, these are the same channels usually showing a good movie that gloriously has never been seen by me, how sad is it to surf for non REPEATED crap ?

even the 3rd tier sub-human crappy channels with their inbred shows are now re-running shows that cost next to nothing to produce WTF ? I can see miltimillion dollar movies , but these hillbillies cutting down trees or driving trucks in Alaska or that "turtle man" "live action" that crap is beeing re-run are they serious??????

it's a crappy game verizon chooses to play with us in attempting to wrangle a few dollars more out of us OR because they choose the wrong hardware and now are stuck with X amounts of HD.

I have until next June for my 2 year contract to end(even though the bitch I spoke to at the time told me it was a ONE year as I had asked for)