floridafuzz
Premium Member
join:2008-02-23
Hope, RI

1 edit

floridafuzz to More Fiber

Premium Member

to More Fiber

Re: So who upgraded from the 35/35 to the 150/65 bundle?

My tech told me it was an outside version but he liked to use it inside. It sounds like it is similar to the GT2. My old Motorola was a BPON unit and all he had to do was change the front portion of the ONT. The back portion that holds the extra fiber he left in place on my panel. An easy upgrade. I'll see if I can post some pictures later.
maybe nycdave can shed some light on this ONT?

lovefios
@verizon.net

lovefios

Anon

No need to upgrade to 150mbs because wih 75/35 i get close to 150 anyway. I get 116 or more on a 75 plan

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 3900.png
codydog
join:2001-11-29
Newport, RI

codydog to floridafuzz

to floridafuzz
florida--thanks for the update
floridafuzz
Premium Member
Hope, RI

floridafuzz

Premium Member

Just to update my speed results- I picked up an Intel EXPI9301CTBLK 10/100/1000 Mbps PCI-Express Network Adapter from NewEgg for $22.99 on sale and just installed it and reran the highspeed fios speed test, ping is 8ms and speeds are now from 153.96 to 154.47 download and 74.22 to 74.45 upload. I am a happy camper now. Please refresh my memory, how can I copy the results from the speedtest and post the image here.
serge87
join:2009-11-29
New York

serge87 to lovefios

to lovefios
said by lovefios :

No need to upgrade to 150mbs because wih 75/35 i get close to 150 anyway. I get 116 or more on a 75 plan

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 3900.png

It's probably a false reading, use the newer updated version of the OOKLA speed test client: »speedtest.verizon.com/fios300/
McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane

Heh yea it's going to be impossible to get 100Mbps+ on a BPON. It's technically impossible.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

said by McBane:

Heh yea it's going to be impossible to get 100Mbps+ on a BPON. It's technically impossible.

While I think his speedtests are bogus or the result of incorrect provisioning, I'm curious why you assume he's on BPON.
bronxlcsw
join:2005-09-21
Bronx, NY

bronxlcsw

Click for full size
Is BPON the new ONT they put in he house?? I ask becuase my FIOS was just installed like 3 months ago so i am not sure if i am on the new system. I did a retest using he new link. During peak hours 8pm on friday i got 84/39. Its only when i test at 5am as i am an early riser do i get the 116/35 result.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

Looks correct for the 75/35 tier

scottbryan
@verizon.net

scottbryan

Anon

in brooklyn ny do not see an upgrade for 150/65 anyone in brooklyn area able to get it?
prisaz
join:2008-08-11
Germantown, MD

prisaz to floridafuzz

to floridafuzz
said by floridafuzz:

My tech told me it was an outside version but he liked to use it inside. It sounds like it is similar to the GT2. My old Motorola was a BPON unit and all he had to do was change the front portion of the ONT. The back portion that holds the extra fiber he left in place on my panel. An easy upgrade. I'll see if I can post some pictures later.
maybe nycdave can shed some light on this ONT?

Where I am in Maryland they said thay can not change a BPON ONT to a GPON ONT. It seems they only lie in some parts of the country. If you are on a BPON split you can't upgrade do GPON. I was also told they do not run dual BPON and GPON cable splits anywhere. Another lie.Then I was told it depends on the CO. To much bull.

Pepsiman
join:2002-01-18
Brooklyn, NY

Pepsiman to scottbryan

to scottbryan
I live in the Brooklyn area (11223) and the 150/65 is available.

floridafuzz
Premium Member
Hope, RI

floridafuzz to prisaz

Premium Member

to prisaz
I hope I didn't mislead you, my old BPON ONT was made by Motorola and the new GPON was also made my Motorola. The back portion is just a housing,no electronics, that holds the extra fiber in a coil. Both ONT's were the same physical dimensions so he removed the BPON ONT and left the shell, then attached the new GPON ONT to the shell that he left in place. I am not on a split system. I am only on GPON now. I have a brand new ONT, he did not convert the old one from BPON to GPON. They also did have to switch me over in the CO from BPON to GPON and change me over in the hub that services my address also.

scottbryan
@verizon.net

scottbryan to Pepsiman

Anon

to Pepsiman
only shows 50/25 for me..is it cause im still in a 35/35 bundle contract that expires in 4 months?