uniqs
share rss forum feed

join:2012-06-27
New York, NY

2 edits
reply to JeepMatt

Re: So Long....

said by TitusTroy:

I see others constantly whining about History 2 HD etc which makes me wonder if people are really serious or not...most of these sub HD channels either show the same content as the main HD channel (just in different time slots) or have very little HD content to begin with...for me BBC America and Cartoon Network are the only really important channels I feel FiOS is missing

either way it's good to see you actually change to something that will make you happy versus constantly whining about TWC, Comcast etc adding new HD channels to their lineup...I've said it countless times that they are mostly adding filler channels to artificially inflate their total HD numbers

H2 HD is better than the History Channel.

I count at least 18 "filler channels" on Verizon. At least Time Warner, Comcast, etc. have the decency to not carry the .TV networks and redundant premium channels that air the same schedule as the east coast feeds on a 3 hour delay. I will take the so-called "filler" channels of BBC America, Cartoon Network, H2, Game Show Network, Sundance Channel, Cooking Channel, G4, OWN over Byron Allen's infomercial garbage networks any day.

Matt, I can agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment of switching from FiOS TV to another provider for TV. Verizon is just missing too many important HD channels now and they are doing nothing to rectify the situation.

The fact remains though that Comcast's Internet product is utter shit compared to Verizon. The speeds are pathetic and most importantly the bandwidth caps are a huge deal breaker.

FiOS Internet + Comcast or Time Warner TV is the way to go imo.

sk1939
Premium
join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon FiOS
said by 09129800:

BBC America, Cartoon Network, H2, Game Show Network, Sundance Channel, Cooking Channel, G4, OWN

My parents still get most of those, I wonder if it has to do with the particular package you picked?

bushleaguer

join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ
Good luck, Matt - thanks for all of your help over time.

I never realized how lacking Verizon is in terms of HD channels until I read your post and took some time to peruse Comcast's channel lineup. Wow, Comcast has Verizon beat by a mile. I'd love to get History Channel 2 in HD....but I still have 8 months left on my contract.