All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

chdude3
join:2003-07-29
Oakville, ON

chdude3 to Gone

to Gone

Re: Cogeco phone out - THURSDAY until a service call?

Thanks Gone; please understand I won't solely take you on your word for it, but if a Cogeco employee confirms this is the case, I will tell them to call and have the issue escalated.

I did finally get ahold of them. They contacted tech support as mentioned. Tech support remotely rebooted their EMTA and had them plug a phone directly into the unit. No dial tone.

I unforunately can't do a lot for them that being the case - if rebooting the EMTA and plugging a known working phone directly into it doesn't fix it, I don't know what else they can do without Cogeco intervention.

At least their internet is up; I got Dell Voice setup on their laptop so they can at least make some calls without using what's left on their cell (they went from about $40 to $30 on their prepaid just in waiting on hold and dealing with Cogeco).

I've told them to make damned sure they get a credit for this at the very least for all of this.

And they normally wouldn't care so much, but they've got their granddaughter over - something she was looking forward to (a week at grandma and grandpa's). So in an emergency they're now dealing with their cell. But also co-ordinating a bunch of the planned activities for the week has become a little more complicated without their regular phone service.

(They are self admitted techno illiterates. In the 2 years they've had this cell, this is easily orders of magnitude the most they've ever used it. Mom couldn't figure out how to get to the Contacts menu to find the one we set up for checking their prepaid balance.)

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

I believe it is a CRTC requirement that they have someone out there within 24 hours of a report of no service due to 911, but don't quote me on it.

I know that when my wife's aunt had non-working Cogeco phone service but functional Internet they had someone there the same day.