spc
uniqs
tlhIngan
join:2002-07-08
Richmond, BC

tlhIngan to unhinged

to unhinged

Re: changing my ip

So now you have two applications you use where changing your IP is useless because the moment you do it again, you'll just be attacked again at your NEW IP.

Changing your IP is only good for the first second, that's it. Once they identify you, you're going to be attacked again.

Alas, unless you can play against a less juvenile group, you're pretty much screwed. If you play professionally, you're really screwed - once money gets involved, it's open season for dirty tricks.
unhinged
join:2011-10-02
Winnipeg, MB

unhinged

the only way i can see them getting my ip is through skype and i can stop using that account. the only problem is shaw will not(cant they said) change my ip.
ravenchilde
join:2011-04-01

ravenchilde

said by unhinged:

the only way i can see them getting my ip is through skype and i can stop using that account. the only problem is shaw will not(cant they said) change my ip.

that's true, IPs are dynamic via DHCP. Until that IP is taken by somebody else your computer will keep requesting it and receiving it. So spend some days offline, or change your MAC address and have FREE IP enabled on your account.
tlhIngan
join:2002-07-08
Richmond, BC

tlhIngan to unhinged

to unhinged
said by unhinged:

They can also get your IP when you playing online, not just skype. Heck, I'm sure the admins of this forum know the IP you posted from as well.

Changing IP is useless because they'll just find out your new IP the next time you play against them online and stuff.
unhinged
join:2011-10-02
Winnipeg, MB

unhinged

well the admins arent going to give out my ip