spc
uniqs
spencer785
join:2007-11-01
Qualicum Beach, BC

spencer785 to bbford8

to bbford8

Re: [BC] Cable TV Filters

Just curious why would you complain to Shaw that your getting extra channels for free, doesn't make much sense LOL

bucko2012
@sasknet.sk.ca

bucko2012

Anon

yeah why you need to do that, who losing here, Shaw or you. Shaw has nothing to lose so enjoy them for free while they last cause they are not struggling for money or give a whoot so don't talk to Shaw.
tlhIngan
join:2002-07-08
Richmond, BC

tlhIngan

Technically, theft of cable services is a felony offense - at worst you could be made to pay back what you owe for the "extra services", but there can be extra fines imposed for piracy of cable signals and even jail time. Yes, jail time.

I just wish Shaw had a better selection of cable boxes - theirs suck. You'd think something as basic as web-based scheduling of TV should be a given by now, as well as stuff like recording the show on one DVR and watching it on another (doesn't matter if you have gateway or not)... being forced to use such crappy equipment...

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

Should they try any of the 'theft of service' stuff,

He called them and reported it - otherwise what is to stop any/all cable providers from doing this - not filtering channels, a cutomer reporting extra channels, then not correcting it for years, then charging customers for them.

So, technically, because it was reported, it is not theft of service.

-Posted from my phone.

somedudehere
@telus.net

somedudehere to spencer785

Anon

to spencer785
said by spencer785:

Just curious why would you complain to Shaw that your getting extra channels for free, doesn't make much sense LOL

I guess you can say if you reported it, your hands are clean. Is it the subs responsibility? Probably a little more complicated than that. I for one have Dcatv and have no idea what channels Im to have! lol Not sure if it matters, cause shaw will up and change the line up on you when you least expect it! LoL

I kinda know what you mean, seems silly to call and complain about extra channels. (If your aware of it) But guess its the right thing to do.