drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to Thaler

Re: [MoP] Jewelcrafting gets awesomeness

On immer's server, I'd have two or three inferno rubies of str/agi/int up at a time and they would be the cheapest and not sell.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
You're doing it wrong then.

1. Buy ore dirt cheap. Prices kept dropping every week, I can only imagine how low they are now.
2. Prospect the crap outta everything.
3. Craft all the green gear you can, then disenchant it all.
4. Relist enchanting mats at a profit, or relist it once or twice more until some poor dude has to eat it.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Immer
You'll never hear me complain about not making gold off of JC and Mining.

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to Thaler
I'm very familiar with the concept of the "ore shuffle" - see my prior thread, including spreadsheets and everything.

Bottom line is that the shuffle is a volume-driven endeavor. Lots of ore, almost zero movement on any of the products (both cut and uncut gems, enchanting mats, or enchanting scrolls) kills it.

I could make a thousand gold maybe every three days.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
Guess maybe the lower pop server I was on, maybe all the enchanter/shufflers there decided to go on strike at the same time. I'm not sure what to say.

Scanning the AH for easy DEs though was almost a sure fire way to profit though. Shuffling was only for when I wanted even more money on top of things.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
reply to bTU
said by bTU:

Too bad JC's get ground mounts and engineers and tailors get flyers.

Re-read the OP
Flying panther

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Thaler
said by Thaler:

Guess maybe the lower pop server I was on, maybe all the enchanter/shufflers there decided to go on strike at the same time. I'm not sure what to say.

Scanning the AH for easy DEs though was almost a sure fire way to profit though. Shuffling was only for when I wanted even more money on top of things.

our server economy is broken. can't explain it... but many an experienced goblin has pulled their hair out on this server.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

I'd rather hang out with friends and collect gear, mounts, and achievements that don't require me to beat up on the weaker kid.