Tallahassee, FL

1 recommendation

Maxo to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike

Re: If you thought android updated frequently

said by Mike:

wait until you have to update your phone every 9 days

This phone will get regular updates? AWESOME!

tc1uscg
join:2005-03-09
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg

said by Maxo:

said by Mike:

wait until you have to update your phone every 9 days

This phone will get regular updates? AWESOME!

Lets hope they don't pull an Apple. Update you right out of compatibility to newer updated apps. Anyone remember the iPod aka "iFool"? Can't update it past 3.01 and when apps that once worked get "updated", they don't work or get removed. even purchased ones. However, I do wish FF would follows MS's process. Update on the 2nd tuesday each month.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

Apple has supported updates a hell of a lot longer than your average android phone.

Eventually the hardware won't run the software. Remember iOS 4 on a 3G? Exactly.

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL

Maxo to tc1uscg

Premium Member

to tc1uscg
said by tc1uscg:

However, I do wish FF would follows MS's process. Update on the 2nd tuesday each month.

Personal opinion, and off topic, it's the worst update strategy I've ever heard. If there's an update, release it. If someone wants to plan their updates every 2nd Tuesday, nothing's stopping them. I like knowing that for all my software, when a fix for something is released, it is available immediately.
rahvin112
join:2002-05-24
Sandy, UT

rahvin112

Oh come on, we all know it's better to sit on Zero Day Exploits for half a month because you have a police that says only release on the second Tuesday. If that means everyone is exploited then so be it.

tc1uscg
join:2005-03-09
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg to Maxo

to Maxo
Off topic? How? The model used by MS for it's updates allows users to be ready for updates. By pushing updates whenever they want, is a PITA and for those who don't have a big data plan, every byte counts so get it right the first time and allow the users to do the rest. If FF can't do this, then they are no better then the developers over at GO who seem to update GO SMS every other day. So, I've turned off my updates. Simple fix. When a new release is out, I'll check it out then and only then will I update.

And I was being a smart azz by the way about MS's every 2nd tuesday of the month.