NYC

FIOS4cable

[HD] NY 55/10 HD channel 510

NY 55/10 added in HD channel 510

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

Nothing on VH07. If they are doing the one VHO a day I'm guessing VHO7 gets WLNY on Wednesday or Thursday.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

The OP has a name of RCN, is he talking about it being added to RCN or Fios? What area is he in?
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by matcarl:

The OP has a name of RCN, is he talking about it being added to RCN or Fios? What area is he in?

I checked the RCN channel lineup for NYC and channel 510 for WLNY wouldn't make sense. Would be helpful if the OP said where they are from.
UofMiamiGrad
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Syosset, NY

UofMiamiGrad to FIOS4cable

Premium Member

to FIOS4cable
It says NY 55, that is WLNY a channel CBS NY purchased on Long Island. So if you are on VHO5 this should pop up eventually, as CBS is now going to be doing HD for Channel 55. Not sure about NJ at all with WLNY!

Edit: Just slinged into my box at home & Channel 510 is live, no idea if HD content is on it yet though.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
the channel is live here in NYC but it's not really a 'major' addition...meh
FIOS4cable
join:2009-05-08
NYC

FIOS4cable

I'm talking about FIOS.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
Total waste of QAM.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

The news is on right now in HD, it looks great!
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin to Greg2600

to Greg2600
Probably a MUST CARRY local.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
This is still not on in VHO7 for some reason.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

said by ansky:

Well, NJ really isn't must carry for a Long Island station....
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by Greg2600:

said by ansky:

Well, NJ really isn't must carry for a Long Island station....

But if we get the SD feed why wouldn't they carry the HD feed? Besides, CBS is trying to make this station less Long Island centric. I watched the news at 9pm the last couple nights and much of it was from NJ.

MeatChicken
join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ

MeatChicken to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
All carried channels on the NYC Fios Sytem are identical to the lineups in Bergen, Rockland, Hudson, Passaic, Westchester, Nassau ect ...
This HD equiv of an existing SD carry should be no different, & I would guess will be added within a few days to any existing VHO's for the areas...
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by MeatChicken:

All carried channels on the NYC Fios Sytem are identical to the lineups in Bergen, Rockland, Hudson, Passaic, Westchester, Nassau ect ...
This HD equiv of an existing SD carry should be no different, & I would guess will be added within a few days to any existing VHO's for the areas...

I just talked to a CS rep and of course they had no information on if or when it would be added in NJ. They did have record of it being added in NYC yesterday. Since it's a holiday I'm guessing we won't see it added today. Hopefully by the end of the week.

MeatChicken
Paramus, NJ

MeatChicken to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
Someone had mentioned the 10th ...
I'd be surprised if we don't have the add within a week or less ...
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
I just think it's odd that they didn't add it to both VHO's on the same day. Why would they need another week to bring it to NJ?

MeatChicken
Paramus, NJ

MeatChicken

I've seen this before .. all VHO's don't get adds the same exact day ....

icemannyr1

icemannyr1

I hope it's simply a delay for the holiday. Considering they only need to give the channel to 2 VHOs and 5 has it seems odd if it's not added to VHO7 by Friday.
skohly
join:2009-08-19

skohly

said by icemannyr1:

I hope it's simply a delay for the holiday. Considering they only need to give the channel to 2 VHOs and 5 has it seems odd if it's not added to VHO7 by Friday.

Is this a sure thing that VHO7 gets this?

icemannyr1

icemannyr1

Since VHO7 gets SD channel it should get the HD channel.
skohly
join:2009-08-19

skohly

said by icemannyr1:

Since VHO7 gets SD channel it should get the HD channel.

I agree what we should but should and will can be two different things. It's a pretty good channel and with the new 9pm news it's a factor for sure. Hopefully we do get it.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
channel 510 is actually not bad with some decent programming...picture quality is also pretty good...only bad thing is that the channel logo is horrible...way too big and not as transparent as I would like...it's a giant circle with 'WLNY' in the middle...it's not even all the way on the bottom right of the screen...it's too high up
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky to MeatChicken

to MeatChicken
said by MeatChicken:

I actually noticed 1 slight difference in the channel lineups. VHO5 carries WVVH (Hamptons Television). We don't get this in NJ.
ansky

ansky to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
Still not on in VHO7 this morning.

Deevy
@verizon.net

Deevy

Anon

WLNY HD was added here in Westchester last night. I must say, the 9pm news looked great in HD. The anchors, all from CBS2, always identified themselves as 'Channels 10/55' but a few times slipped and said 'CBS2 News'. lol

My box would not allow me to save channel 510 as a favorite channel. Anyone know why?
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by Deevy :

WLNY HD was added here in Westchester last night. I must say, the 9pm news looked great in HD. The anchors, all from CBS2, always identified themselves as 'Channels 10/55' but a few times slipped and said 'CBS2 News'. lol

My box would not allow me to save channel 510 as a favorite channel. Anyone know why?

Isn't Westchester part of VHO5? Why wouldn't it have shown up on Tuesday when the channel was added in LI and NYC?
Have you tried restarting the STB and then try to add as a favorite again?

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

He probably just didn't notice it on Tuesday.
RuthL
join:2012-07-06

RuthL to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
I have the same issue. Can't save in favorites.

How do you reboot a box? Pull plug from wall??
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by RuthL:

I have the same issue. Can't save in favorites.

How do you reboot a box? Pull plug from wall??

You can either pull the plug, or go to Menu>Settings>Customer Support and there is an option to Restart STB. I have seen this issue before though with new channel adds. You may just have to wait a little while for the system to update before you can add as a favorite. Where are you located?