share rss forum feed

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to MeatChicken

Re: [HD] NY 55/10 HD channel 510

said by MeatChicken:

Guess I'll bump this topic ...
If Someone w/ Facebook can hit TV55 with this question agan, perhaps they have some news ....

Somebody already asked a few weeks ago and there was no response from WLNY. I think it's pretty much a lost cause at this point.

MeatChicken

join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ
kudos:1
reply to FIOS4cable
Tonite, for example, CBS-2 is moving the Broadcast of the Live "Big Brother" over to TV-55, due to a football broadcast.
( I know , BB is not in HD ...) ... Most likeley sports bumps/delays on WCBS will do this to other shows as well ...
Perhaps someone over at 55 Face/Twiiter at least has a more definative answer by now...

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable
An update from Facebook.
WLNY: Their engineers are working on it.....we are in daily contact with them and hope they will find a resolution shortly. They have picked up our HD feeds at all of their other head-ends.

skohly

join:2009-08-19
said by icemannyr1:

An update from Facebook.
WLNY: Their engineers are working on it.....we are in daily contact with them and hope they will find a resolution shortly. They have picked up our HD feeds at all of their other head-ends.

It sounds like Verizon is pulling their chains

icemannyr1

Channel is still not added to VH07.

skohly

said by icemannyr1:

Channel is still not added to VH07.

Yup, I give up

MeatChicken

Paramus, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable
Someone Ping TV55 on facebook/twiiter again, & see if there's actually any updated news .....

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable
Not missing anything.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable
The only news I read recently is that WLNY is going to become a cable-only channel as CBS is planning to sell off the Riverhead transmitter. This is so CBS can acquire 101.9 FM and move WFAN to that frequency. You can read more about it here:

»www.musicradio77.com/wwwboard/me···856.html

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
The link is not working

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to FIOS4cable
saw a repeat of Clone Wars in HD a few days ago on WLNY 510...so it's a decent alternative to Cartoon Network HD for the time being

Mac973

West Orange, NJ
reply to matcarl
said by matcarl:

The link is not working

It works for me. Try this one:

»radiodiscussions.com/smf/index.p···221105.0

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable
Been in the works for awhile, to move WFAN to FM, although I think they will continue on 660 for awhile. Unlike ESPNNY, which moved to FM 98.7 and replaced 1050 with ESPN Espanol. Glad that CBS is leaving CBS FM alone in doing this.

wlnyintern

@optonline.net
wlny hd will be on in jersey by halloween

Mac973

West Orange, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable
WLNY-HD is now showing up in the guide in VHO 7, but you can't tune to it yet.

sbernstein5

join:2005-01-18
10024-5650

1 edit
reply to FIOS4cable
This channel finally came in handy last night, when Letterman was delayed on WCBS, they started it at the normal time on this channel. The picture quality actually seemed to be a tad better than WCBS to me...

dcowboy

join:2012-05-10
Cool they show frasier @ 1:00am to dvr.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable
Now 510 was removed from the guide again in VHO7. I'm sure there are storm related problems going on.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable
510 is back in the guide in VHO7. Is anyone able to tune to the channel? I'm getting an error again.

Jamesbobo

@verizon.net
Too bad it's in the guide but isn't available. 2 Broke Girls was prempted on CBS for storm coverage and they said that if you wanted to watch Broke Girls you could tune to NY55. They even gave the channel numbers for Comcast, FIOS and Cablevision. Until then I didn't even know about it. The show isn't available On Demand or through CBS's webpage.

MeatChicken

Paramus, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable
Yes in the guide ...
Probably will be on during the week ..

jr461

join:2006-12-21
Montvale, NJ
Just got power back after 9 days. Anyone know why this is still in the guide but no channel exists in reality for us?

icemannyr1

reply to FIOS4cable
My guess is the storms delayed the launch on VHO7.

skohly

said by icemannyr1:

I suppose. But then again I assume the techs that work on this type of stuff work inside and not on poles so I don't get it

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by skohly:

said by icemannyr1:

I suppose. But then again I assume the techs that work on this type of stuff work inside and not on poles so I don't get it

These techs might also have to support those techs bringing the customers back online. I had a problem recently and the tech at my house was communicating with a back-end tech to resolve the issue. Or Verizon might have suspended all activities until they got their hands around the full extent of the storm impacts.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable
Has anyone called tech support about this? They might not even realize there's a problem. I find it odd that the channel would still be showing up in the guide if there was a known problem.

skohly

said by Mac973:

Has anyone called tech support about this? They might not even realize there's a problem. I find it odd that the channel would still be showing up in the guide if there was a known problem.

I tried calling this morning but got bounced around. I also posted on the Verizon forum.

skohly

reply to FIOS4cable
Ok got through and was put on hold so she could check. The answer is we are NOT getting this channel.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable
I just called tech support. The guy told me it is a known problem and they are working on it. He said the problem is with WLNY sending the signal to Verizon. No ETA on a fix and he said the storm likely made things worse.

skohly

said by Mac973:

I just called tech support. The guy told me it is a known problem and they are working on it. He said the problem is with WLNY sending the signal to Verizon. No ETA on a fix and he said the storm likely made things worse.

Your story sounds better then mine. I just got blown off then which i figured was a possibilty.