Paramus, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

Re: [HD] NY 55/10 HD channel 510

Yes in the guide ...
Probably will be on during the week ..

jr461

join:2006-12-21
Montvale, NJ

Just got power back after 9 days. Anyone know why this is still in the guide but no channel exists in reality for us?

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

My guess is the storms delayed the launch on VHO7.

skohly

join:2009-08-19

said by icemannyr1:

I suppose. But then again I assume the techs that work on this type of stuff work inside and not on poles so I don't get it

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by skohly:

said by icemannyr1:

I suppose. But then again I assume the techs that work on this type of stuff work inside and not on poles so I don't get it

These techs might also have to support those techs bringing the customers back online. I had a problem recently and the tech at my house was communicating with a back-end tech to resolve the issue. Or Verizon might have suspended all activities until they got their hands around the full extent of the storm impacts.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

Has anyone called tech support about this? They might not even realize there's a problem. I find it odd that the channel would still be showing up in the guide if there was a known problem.

skohly

said by Mac973:

Has anyone called tech support about this? They might not even realize there's a problem. I find it odd that the channel would still be showing up in the guide if there was a known problem.

I tried calling this morning but got bounced around. I also posted on the Verizon forum.

skohly

reply to FIOS4cable

Ok got through and was put on hold so she could check. The answer is we are NOT getting this channel.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

I just called tech support. The guy told me it is a known problem and they are working on it. He said the problem is with WLNY sending the signal to Verizon. No ETA on a fix and he said the storm likely made things worse.

skohly

said by Mac973:

I just called tech support. The guy told me it is a known problem and they are working on it. He said the problem is with WLNY sending the signal to Verizon. No ETA on a fix and he said the storm likely made things worse.

Your story sounds better then mine. I just got blown off then which i figured was a possibilty.

skohly

reply to Mac973

said by Mac973:

You know on second thought doesn't Verizon receive the signal already for the NYC VHO? This does not pass the smell test

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

Since we already receive the SD feed I don't understand why there is a problem with just the HD. Wouldn't they come from the same place?

MeatChicken

join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

VZ, throw the switch already, it's been in the guide for 2 weeks!

skohly

said by MeatChicken:

Don't hold your breath. It ain't happening

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by skohly:

said by MeatChicken:

Don't hold your breath. It ain't happening

I'm sure the intent is to get this channel added, otherwise they would not have suddenly added it to the guide. Nor would there be any reason to keep it in the guide and have to field customer calls and complaints about not receiving the channel.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11

WLNY HD has been turned on for VHO7.

skohly

said by icemannyr1:

WLNY HD has been turned on for VHO7.

A pleasant surprise indeed!

Steve3

join:2010-01-28
Springfield, NJ

I had spoken to a second level tech yesterday concerning another problem. When it was resolved, he asked if there was anything else. I told him about the channel 510 issue. He checked it and was perplexed over it. He said he was going to speak to that department to resolve the issue. The channel is on today. I am not taking credit for it, but I learned that if you want something done with FIOS, speak to a second level tech.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by Steve3:

I had spoken to a second level tech yesterday concerning another problem. When it was resolved, he asked if there was anything else. I told him about the channel 510 issue. He checked it and was perplexed over it. He said he was going to speak to that department to resolve the issue. The channel is on today. I am not taking credit for it, but I learned that if you want something done with FIOS, speak to a second level tech.

Yeah, that may have done the trick. I called tech support a few weeks ago figuring they might not even know there's a problem. The guy I spoke with did say it was a known issue, so it's possible someone may have forgotten about it and just needed to flip a switch or something.

Glad it's on. Only took 5 months! Looks like we can finally end this thread.

levelthree

@verizon.net
reply to Steve3

said by Steve3:

launch was put off due to hurricane sandy and thanksgiving "network quiet period".