Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to skohly

Re: [HD] NY 55/10 HD channel 510

Since VHO7 gets SD channel it should get the HD channel.

skohly

join:2009-08-19

said by icemannyr1:

Since VHO7 gets SD channel it should get the HD channel.

I agree what we should but should and will can be two different things. It's a pretty good channel and with the new 9pm news it's a factor for sure. Hopefully we do get it.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to FIOS4cable

channel 510 is actually not bad with some decent programming...picture quality is also pretty good...only bad thing is that the channel logo is horrible...way too big and not as transparent as I would like...it's a giant circle with 'WLNY' in the middle...it's not even all the way on the bottom right of the screen...it's too high up

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to MeatChicken

said by MeatChicken:

All carried channels on the NYC Fios Sytem are identical to the lineups in Bergen, Rockland, Hudson, Passaic, Westchester, Nassau ect ...

I actually noticed 1 slight difference in the channel lineups. VHO5 carries WVVH (Hamptons Television). We don't get this in NJ.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

Still not on in VHO7 this morning.

Deevy

@verizon.net

WLNY HD was added here in Westchester last night. I must say, the 9pm news looked great in HD. The anchors, all from CBS2, always identified themselves as 'Channels 10/55' but a few times slipped and said 'CBS2 News'. lol

My box would not allow me to save channel 510 as a favorite channel. Anyone know why?

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by Deevy :

WLNY HD was added here in Westchester last night. I must say, the 9pm news looked great in HD. The anchors, all from CBS2, always identified themselves as 'Channels 10/55' but a few times slipped and said 'CBS2 News'. lol

My box would not allow me to save channel 510 as a favorite channel. Anyone know why?

Isn't Westchester part of VHO5? Why wouldn't it have shown up on Tuesday when the channel was added in LI and NYC?
Have you tried restarting the STB and then try to add as a favorite again?

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

He probably just didn't notice it on Tuesday.

RuthL

join:2012-07-06
reply to FIOS4cable

I have the same issue. Can't save in favorites.

How do you reboot a box? Pull plug from wall??

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by RuthL:

I have the same issue. Can't save in favorites.

How do you reboot a box? Pull plug from wall??

You can either pull the plug, or go to Menu>Settings>Customer Support and there is an option to Restart STB. I have seen this issue before though with new channel adds. You may just have to wait a little while for the system to update before you can add as a favorite. Where are you located?

RuthL

join:2012-07-06

Nyack, Rockland County.

icemannyr1

reply to FIOS4cable

Channel was not added to VHO7 today.
I guess we are not getting it as it should not take this long to add a channel even with the slow method FiOS has for adding channels.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by icemannyr1:

Channel was not added to VHO7 today.
I guess we are not getting it as it should not take this long to add a channel even with the slow method FiOS has for adding channels.

I'm thinking the same thing. But the 2 people above from Westchester and Rockland - did they really just get this add today, or was it added on Tuesday and they just never noticed until today? If they really did just get it today then maybe Verizon really is still deploying it to other areas.

icemannyr1

reply to FIOS4cable

I know there are many other channels people would rather have added first but it would be nice to at least get one new HD channel even if it's a local broadcast channel.

MeatChicken

join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

I remember someone posting a while back ("the 10th") , Tuesday ..
I still thing we will have it sometime next week .. but we will see ...

skohly

said by MeatChicken:

I remember someone posting a while back ("the 10th") , Tuesday ..
I still thing we will have it sometime next week .. but we will see ...

Nope- not here in VHO7 this morning. Looks like we are getting shut out

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

Yeah looks like NJ is being shut out. If they were going to add it, it would have been on by now. This completely doesn't make sense considering they carry the SD feed and that VHO5 and VHO7 are both part of the same TV market. Unless there is some technical glitch going on with VHO7 I don't think we have any chance of seeing it.

MeatChicken

join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

Anyone "know someone" to see when/if NNJ will get this HD add?

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by MeatChicken:

Anyone "know someone" to see when/if NNJ will get this HD add?

I talked to 2 CSR's, and of course neither one of them had any idea.

icemannyr1

You can try asking WLNY to talk to Verizon about getting the channel added.
If there's enough requests maybe someone from WLNY can get an answer from Verizon.
»www.facebook.com/WLNYTV

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16
reply to MeatChicken

It doesn't look like it is getting added to VHO7.

icemannyr1

This is so goofy, FiOS has no problem carrying the WLNY SD feed in NJ but will not add the HD feed while just about every cable provider in Northern NJ has added WLNY HD.

skohly

said by icemannyr1:

This is so goofy, FiOS has no problem carrying the WLNY SD feed in NJ but will not add the HD feed while just about every cable provider in Northern NJ has added WLNY HD.

Agreed!! Who can we talk to at Verizon?

icemannyr1

reply to FIOS4cable

I had an e-mail contact with someone in programming for the NYC area but unfortunately it seems they are no longer with FiOS.
She had helped get NJN HD, now NJTV HD added to VHO7.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

I really don't get Verizon's rationale for not carrying it in NJ. Is it a bandwidth issue? A cost issue? Doesn't make sense...

WLNY is an odd station though. If you look at the Cablevision channel lineups for Hudson County and Newark, they don't carry WLNY at all, not even SD. But Cablevision in places like Morris County and Passaic county have WLNY-HD. I know Comcast in Jersey City doesn't carry WLNY at all.

For what it's worth, I sent an email yesterday to stationservices@cbs2ny.com which is posted on the WLNY website. No response as of yet.

skohly

said by Mac973:

I really don't get Verizon's rationale for not carrying it in NJ. Is it a bandwidth issue? A cost issue? Doesn't make sense...

WLNY is an odd station though. If you look at the Cablevision channel lineups for Hudson County and Newark, they don't carry WLNY at all, not even SD. But Cablevision in places like Morris County and Passaic county have WLNY-HD. I know Comcast in Jersey City doesn't carry WLNY at all.

For what it's worth, I sent an email yesterday to stationservices@cbs2ny.com which is posted on the WLNY website. No response as of yet.

I sent an email to that address myself this morning and also nada back

icemannyr1

Here's the response from WLNY on Facebook/
"we were told that it would be mid July...so HOPEFULLY this week or next! We're as anxious about this as you!"

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by icemannyr1:

"we were told that it would be mid July...so HOPEFULLY this week or next! We're as anxious about this as you!"

I saw that too. It seems they usually add new channels on Tuesdays, so maybe we'll see it next Tuesday 7/17.

skohly

said by Mac973:

said by icemannyr1:

I saw that too. It seems they usually add new channels on Tuesdays, so maybe we'll see it next Tuesday 7/17.

Well here we are on Tuesday July 17 and still nada. Also those olympic channels are friends in NY were talken yesterday still not here either.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by skohly:

Well here we are on Tuesday July 17 and still nada. Also those olympic channels are friends in NY were talken yesterday still not here either.

Yeah, I wonder if there is some technical issue going on in VHO7 that is causing a delay in channels being added. WLNY-HD was added in VHO5 two weeks ago, so there isn't really any other reason they would just be sitting there waiting. Unfortunately there isn't anyone "in the know" here to provide any insight.