Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to skohly

Re: [HD] NY 55/10 HD channel 510

said by skohly:

said by sbernstein5:

said by skohly:

Still not here in VHO7 and today is tuesday, the usual day that add things?. Makes no sense why they won't add it

In the end, do you really care? This channel is really lame. I haven't found any reason to tune to it yet.

Yes- the 9:00PM newscast produced by CH2. It's excellent.

Yeah the 9pm newscast is really the only thing on WLNY worth watching (the rest of the schedule is mostly lousy court shows). There is a morning news show too but I haven't really checked that out yet. I'm not a big fan of CBS's news in general (I usually watch NBC or ABC), but sometimes 9pm is the only convenient time to watch the news for me.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

Rather get WCBS2+, at least it would be something different. VH07 is NJ, we don't go near Long Island!

skohly

join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ

said by Greg2600:

Rather get WCBS2+, at least it would be something different. VH07 is NJ, we don't go near Long Island!

They are no longer pushing this as a LI station but now a tri-state station since CBS took over.

Ike1

join:2012-06-02
Newark, NJ
reply to Greg2600

said by Greg2600:

The 2.2 subchannel, "CBS New York Plus," is 480i, so it wouldn't take up much bandwidth. They could add that plus WLNY HD and still have plenty of room left over in the local-channel bandwidth, which is separate from the bandwidth allocated to national channels, as others have pointed out. Mercer County gets 19 HD locals, so presumably we've got lots of room. So why not add it? What else is there? There's no other broadcast HD channel they could add, is there?

Also, WLNY used to have a low-power Morristown repeater, which might be one of the reasons why a lot (though not all) cable systems carry it in northern NJ even though its city of license is way out on eastern Long Island. So, WLNY used to have some roots in VHO7. However, the repeater was not sold to CBS along with WLNY.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11

There should be no additional bandwidth needed for sub channels of the local broadcast channels as they are included in the feeds given to FiOS.
FiOS is getting 2.2 CBS+ NY from WCBS-DT, for whatever reason they are choosing to not add it to the NYC area VHOs.

skohly

said by icemannyr1:

There should be no additional bandwidth needed for sub channels of the local broadcast channels as they are included in the feeds given to FiOS.
FiOS is getting 2.2 CBS+ NY from WCBS-DT, for whatever reason they are choosing to not add it to the NYC area VHOs.

What kind of programming is 2.2 have?

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by skohly:

said by icemannyr1:

What kind of programming is 2.2 have?

WCBS 2.2 really isn't that great. They just repeat newscasts over and over all day. It's no loss that Verizon doesn't carry it.

MeatChicken

join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

Has anyone re-hit WLNY about this on Facebook?

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by MeatChicken:

Yeah I checked earlier and somebody asked/posted on July 25th, but there was no response from WLNY. My guess is they won't comment since they probably had incorrect information last time when they said "mid July".

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to MeatChicken

said by MeatChicken:

Considering the only ones who care are the 5 in this thread, I dont think so..... (JK)

skohly

said by bohratom:

said by MeatChicken:

Considering the only ones who care are the 5 in this thread, I dont think so..... (JK)

You don't know that.

rpjoe
Premium
join:2007-09-22
Rochelle Park, NJ
reply to bohratom

MeatChicken

Paramus, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

Someone ' face-hit them again ...

skohly

said by MeatChicken:

I just did

Duckbacker

join:2005-06-16
Nesconset, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Voice
reply to Mac973

said by Mac973:

Yeah the 9pm newscast is really the only thing on WLNY worth watching (the rest of the schedule is mostly lousy court shows). There is a morning news show too but I haven't really checked that out yet. I'm not a big fan of CBS's news in general (I usually watch NBC or ABC), but sometimes 9pm is the only convenient time to watch the news for me.

Yeah. If you're from Jersey it's great. You finally got another Commercial TV Station. For Long Island, it sux. I finally got around to watching their 9PM News show. It was all about Manhattan and Jersey. They never even mentioned Long Island. I may as well watch the News on WGN. They carry just about as much Long Island News as WLNY, which is zero.

skohly

reply to skohly

said by skohly:

said by MeatChicken:

I just did

I did get a reply from WLNY. They said they were waiting also. At least they have a communications path to FIOS. We sure as hell don't.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by skohly:

said by skohly:

said by MeatChicken:

I just did

I did get a reply from WLNY. They said they were waiting also. At least they have a communications path to FIOS. We sure as hell don't.

Yeah, but this does not sound promising considering they are no longer providing any kind of timeframe or reason for the delay.

Steve3

join:2010-01-28
Springfield, NJ

I live in VHO7, and today on my TIVO, it added 510. So, maybe it is coming soon.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by Steve3:

I live in VHO7, and today on my TIVO, it added 510. So, maybe it is coming soon.

I also see that 510 was added to the Zap2It TV listings. If someone is home now can you try tuning to 510 ?

webcobbler

@verizon.net

in VHO 7, I do not see channel 510. It is not in the Guide as of yet. I am using a VZ STB.

MeatChicken

Paramus, NJ
reply to Steve3

said by Steve3:

Might be a good sign that it's hours or days away now ...

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by MeatChicken:

said by Steve3:

Might be a good sign that it's hours or days away now ...

I'm not famililar with Tivo, so what is meant by Tivo "added 510"? Is 510 now in the Tivo guide? Can you tune to that channel?

Steve3

Springfield, NJ

I should have been specific, the channel is now in the Tivo guide. The channel is not present at this time.

MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

join:2002-06-05
Yorktown Heights, NY
reply to FIOS4cable

Is it only in NJ that getting the HD feed is a problem? I'm in Westchester and I've had it for at least a couple of weeks. The morning show Live From The Couch is actually somewhat entertaining. And the 9pm news is basically the CBS2 news in an hour format. It's amusing to watch the same reporters doing the same story as on WCBS's newscast but they've taped a different closing showing the WLNY microphone instead of WCBS, and saying the different station name.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by MisterBill:

Is it only in NJ that getting the HD feed is a problem?

Yes

Mac973

West Orange, NJ
reply to Steve3

Mac973

West Orange, NJ
reply to Steve3

said by Steve3:

I should have been specific, the channel is now in the Tivo guide. The channel is not present at this time.

I guess that was just a glitch as here we are almost a week later and still no 510 active. Is 510 still listed in the Tivo guide?

shark2k

join:2008-06-01
West Orange, NJ

said by Mac973:

I guess that was just a glitch as here we are almost a week later and still no 510 active. Is 510 still listed in the Tivo guide?

I don't have a Tivo, but I use WMC with a Ceton Tuner. I just checked and 510 is in the guide for me but when I go to the channel I get the message "There is currently no TV signal detected for this channel. The channel may be temporarily off the air. Try again later."

-Shark2k

skohly

said by shark2k:

said by Mac973:

I don't have a Tivo, but I use WMC with a Ceton Tuner. I just checked and 510 is in the guide for me but when I go to the channel I get the message "There is currently no TV signal detected for this channel. The channel may be temporarily off the air. Try again later."

-Shark2k

For whatever reason it appears Verizon isn't giving VHO 7 this in HD. I can't imagine why since they have it in NY?

Steve3

Springfield, NJ

I still have 510 in my TIVO guide, but the channel is not there.