uniqs
share rss forum feed

MeatChicken

join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ
reply to Steve3

Re: [HD] NY 55/10 HD channel 510

said by Steve3:

I live in VHO7, and today on my TIVO, it added 510. So, maybe it is coming soon.

Might be a good sign that it's hours or days away now ...

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

said by MeatChicken:

said by Steve3:

I live in VHO7, and today on my TIVO, it added 510. So, maybe it is coming soon.

Might be a good sign that it's hours or days away now ...

I'm not famililar with Tivo, so what is meant by Tivo "added 510"? Is 510 now in the Tivo guide? Can you tune to that channel?

Steve3

join:2010-01-28
Springfield, NJ

I should have been specific, the channel is now in the Tivo guide. The channel is not present at this time.

MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

join:2002-06-05
Yorktown Heights, NY
reply to FIOS4cable

Is it only in NJ that getting the HD feed is a problem? I'm in Westchester and I've had it for at least a couple of weeks. The morning show Live From The Couch is actually somewhat entertaining. And the 9pm news is basically the CBS2 news in an hour format. It's amusing to watch the same reporters doing the same story as on WCBS's newscast but they've taped a different closing showing the WLNY microphone instead of WCBS, and saying the different station name.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by MisterBill:

Is it only in NJ that getting the HD feed is a problem?

Yes

Mac973

West Orange, NJ
reply to Steve3

Mac973

West Orange, NJ
reply to Steve3

said by Steve3:

I should have been specific, the channel is now in the Tivo guide. The channel is not present at this time.

I guess that was just a glitch as here we are almost a week later and still no 510 active. Is 510 still listed in the Tivo guide?

shark2k

join:2008-06-01
West Orange, NJ

said by Mac973:

I guess that was just a glitch as here we are almost a week later and still no 510 active. Is 510 still listed in the Tivo guide?

I don't have a Tivo, but I use WMC with a Ceton Tuner. I just checked and 510 is in the guide for me but when I go to the channel I get the message "There is currently no TV signal detected for this channel. The channel may be temporarily off the air. Try again later."

-Shark2k

skohly

join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ

said by shark2k:

said by Mac973:

I don't have a Tivo, but I use WMC with a Ceton Tuner. I just checked and 510 is in the guide for me but when I go to the channel I get the message "There is currently no TV signal detected for this channel. The channel may be temporarily off the air. Try again later."

-Shark2k

For whatever reason it appears Verizon isn't giving VHO 7 this in HD. I can't imagine why since they have it in NY?

Steve3

join:2010-01-28
Springfield, NJ

I still have 510 in my TIVO guide, but the channel is not there.

BobLI

@verizon.net

I live on Long Island, and we've gotten this station over the air and on cable for years. If you're still waiting for it, you're not missing much. It was originally from Riverhead NY and had great programming, including frequent good old movies in the afternoon and late-night. It had a self-produced News program, with a refreshing independent view of world and national news, as well as local Eastern Long Island news, very different than NYC. It was almost like a little "superstation" like WGN and WTBS used to be.

Unfortunately, this long-independent station was recently bought by CBS, now a "duopoly" with WCBS. It still shows some good syndicated old shows. Unfortunately, CBS is turning it into a 2nd-rate "news" station. So far they've got a 2-hour morning show 7-9 am. The show is called "Live From the Couch" which shows how un-original it is. Worse is their crown jewel 9-10 pm daily news, presented by the lower-rank newsfolks from WCBS. As someone mentioned above, it's a re-hash of stories from WCBS.

I know it's always amazing when Cable TV gives you another station, but it's a shame they had to homogenize this station before they gave it to you all.

It's interesting reading that they're only giving it to some of you in SD. WLNY dropped most of it's over-the-air broadcasting on channel 55 back in 2005 and went completely digital. For a while they station name was WLNY-DT. It's been available here in HD all along. I just noticed the station is now called WLNY-SD. I'm guessing it's a way to charge some of you more to watch it in HD.

WestbFios

@verizon.net

Yeah the funny thing is WLNY News at 9 never aired tonight! I had my DVR set but it apparently recorded a simulcast of CBS-TV with 48 hours. I'm dissapointed in the new WLNY news, it lacks alot of Long Island news. Its the one (and only) thing I miss about Cablevision, News 12. Verizon really needs to step up their game and have Fios 1 24/7 news like News 12. Some people I know are actually reluctant to give up Cablevision because of News 12, since they know thats the only Long island-centric newscast.
Verizon please invest in a Long island studio for a new Fios 1! (it currently airs from Westchester, I believe).

skohly

said by WestbFios :

Yeah the funny thing is WLNY News at 9 never aired tonight! I had my DVR set but it apparently recorded a simulcast of CBS-TV with 48 hours. I'm dissapointed in the new WLNY news, it lacks alot of Long Island news. Its the one (and only) thing I miss about Cablevision, News 12. Verizon really needs to step up their game and have Fios 1 24/7 news like News 12. Some people I know are actually reluctant to give up Cablevision because of News 12, since they know thats the only Long island-centric newscast.
Verizon please invest in a Long island studio for a new Fios 1! (it currently airs from Westchester, I believe).

The Jets game on CH 2 pre-empted CBS Network programming there so they moved it to WLNY for the night

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

Correct Bob, WLNY was a great place to catch old reruns. I used to watch it all the time. Haven't in years. Frankly I don't know why any would. All that news is depressing. The service WLNY used to provide is now split amongst the many "rerun" affiliates like This and Antenna on WPIX, MeTV on WZME (was WSAH) in CT, or Bounce on WWOR.

MeatChicken

Paramus, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

Someone hit them on Bookface again, & hopefully we'll get an update ....

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC

Why don't you call verizon

skohly

said by FIOS4cable:

Why don't you call verizon

Ok did it. Spoke to a very nice lady and she investigated and came back with nothing.

FIOS4cable

NYC

Sorry to hear that , try twitter or fb

FIOS4cable

NYC
reply to skohly

Sorry to hear that , try twitter or fb

MeatChicken

Paramus, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

Guess I'll bump this topic ...
If Someone w/ Facebook can hit TV55 with this question agan, perhaps they have some news ....

Mac973

West Orange, NJ

said by MeatChicken:

Guess I'll bump this topic ...
If Someone w/ Facebook can hit TV55 with this question agan, perhaps they have some news ....

Somebody already asked a few weeks ago and there was no response from WLNY. I think it's pretty much a lost cause at this point.

MeatChicken

Paramus, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

Tonite, for example, CBS-2 is moving the Broadcast of the Live "Big Brother" over to TV-55, due to a football broadcast.
( I know , BB is not in HD ...) ... Most likeley sports bumps/delays on WCBS will do this to other shows as well ...
Perhaps someone over at 55 Face/Twiiter at least has a more definative answer by now...

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
reply to FIOS4cable

An update from Facebook.
WLNY: Their engineers are working on it.....we are in daily contact with them and hope they will find a resolution shortly. They have picked up our HD feeds at all of their other head-ends.

skohly

said by icemannyr1:

An update from Facebook.
WLNY: Their engineers are working on it.....we are in daily contact with them and hope they will find a resolution shortly. They have picked up our HD feeds at all of their other head-ends.

It sounds like Verizon is pulling their chains

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11

Channel is still not added to VH07.

skohly

said by icemannyr1:

Channel is still not added to VH07.

Yup, I give up

MeatChicken

Paramus, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

Someone Ping TV55 on facebook/twiiter again, & see if there's actually any updated news .....

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

Not missing anything.

Mac973

West Orange, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

The only news I read recently is that WLNY is going to become a cable-only channel as CBS is planning to sell off the Riverhead transmitter. This is so CBS can acquire 101.9 FM and move WFAN to that frequency. You can read more about it here:

»www.musicradio77.com/wwwboard/me···856.html

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

The link is not working