spc
Search similar:

uniqs
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin to StLCardsFan

to StLCardsFan

Re: 45MB Internet on 55MB Bonded Profile?

said by StLCardsFan:

said by etaadmin:

AT&T a company with the largest and fastest network in the universe and with super fast internet plans

dude .... Ill let you get by with a lot of the bullshit you say ..but LULZ. Personal feelings and wanting things to be true doesn't mean they are ..and in this case they absolutely are not. Whether you are talking about long-haul fiber, business service, or in this case home service ... i mean wow.

When you say super-fast internet plans ... compared to what ... ATT uverse vdsl v. ATT ADSL? How about the largest and fastest network on the planet? Really? HEH. I dunno man ..i think with the "largest and fastest" people like Google, Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, Yahoo, ect ..would have their equipment housed in DC's using ATT pipes ...oh yeah they don't.

So come back with some real data that shows ATT has the largest fastest network on the planet with super-fast internet speeds... otherwise...its BS. Remember your opinions based on brainwashing sheeple commercials don't count.

You failed to note that my comment was meant as a sarcasm.
StLCardsFan
join:2011-06-06
Lafayette, LA

StLCardsFan

ohhh ... well that makes sense then! my bad!
Ummm84
join:2011-10-26
united state

Ummm84 to maartena

to maartena
said by maartena:

What I really want to know from e.g. Merlin or another AT&T person:

What is this puppy going to cost once it is live?

Pricing is up in the air, it depends on competition. Expect a very slow rollout when it launches. This profile works great in the lab, but lousy in real world conditions.
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder

Well in the NE Comcast will be making the Blast tier which runs around $59 50 mbps. The $100 Extreme 50 tier is going to become 105 mbps.

Meanwhile at&t charges $63 for the 24/3 tier
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

It depends on the area. Some areas are Comcast, some aren't. New London, CT is on Metrocast, which tops out at a lousy 25/2. Other areas are Charter or Cox.
Zoder
Miami, FL

Zoder

I felt that was obvious but yes, it would only be in Comcast terriories in the NE
WhyMe420
Premium Member
join:2009-04-06

WhyMe420 to David0417

Premium Member

to David0417
I don't understand why anyone even bothers to mention how faster speeds are available and/or cheaper than AT&T's offering when those services are capped. What's the point in having 50Mbps if you can only use it 1.6% of the month?

oneoone
join:2010-01-20
North Hollywood, CA

oneoone to David0417

to David0417
Have charter 100meg, never been capped.
WhyMe420
Premium Member

WhyMe420 to David0417

Premium Member

to David0417
Tell me that when you go over 500GB (that's up + down) every month...
Merlin37
join:2012-06-08
Dallas, TX

Merlin37 to Ummm84

to Ummm84
said by StLCardsFan:

dude .... Ill let you get by with a lot of the bullshit you say ..but LULZ. Personal feelings and wanting things to be true doesn't mean they are ..and in this case they absolutely are not. Whether you are talking about long-haul fiber, business service, or in this case home service ... i mean wow.

When you say super-fast internet plans ... compared to what ... ATT uverse vdsl v. ATT ADSL? How about the largest and fastest network on the planet? Really? HEH. I dunno man ..i think with the "largest and fastest" people like Google, Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, Yahoo, ect ..would have their equipment housed in DC's using ATT pipes ...oh yeah they don't.

So come back with some real data that shows ATT has the largest fastest network on the planet with super-fast internet speeds... otherwise...its BS. Remember your opinions based on brainwashing sheeple commercials don't count.

I guess it doesn't resonate with you that a global network includes much more than just the Internet. AT&T is the largest telecommunications network in the world and has almost 1M route miles of fiber deployed around the globe. The new 40Gbps MPLS network in the US went online last month and is the first of it's kind domestically. Google, Amazon, Netflix and all of those other content providers purchase some or most of their network assets from carriers like AT&T. They are not tier 1 global networks.
said by Ummm84:

Pricing is up in the air, it depends on competition. Expect a very slow rollout when it launches. This profile works great in the lab, but lousy in real world conditions.

Your comments on the pricing would be accurate but your comments on the profile couldn't be further from the truth.
ConstantineM
join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA

ConstantineM

at&t is already deep at the bottom of tier 1 networks

said by Merlin37:

I guess it doesn't resonate with you that a global network includes much more than just the Internet. AT&T is the largest telecommunications network in the world and has almost 1M route miles of fiber deployed around the globe. The new 40Gbps MPLS network in the US went online last month and is the first of it's kind domestically. Google, Amazon, Netflix and all of those other content providers purchase some or most of their network assets from carriers like AT&T. They are not tier 1 global networks.

What an utter bullshit. AT&T becomes more irrelevant in the international arena day after day.

»www.renesys.com/blog/201 ··· on.shtml

Continue offering your pathetic 18/1.5 when your competitors are pushing 75/35 in the same price range and over the same technologies for home users, and continue pushing consumer-grade non-business 2Wire crap for small businesses, and see how long it'll be until you are no longer included in any Tier 1 graphs whatsoever. AT&T is already positioned towards the bottom as is, and that study above with the graph is for 2011, and it's only going down. From the third cluster graph, you can notice that T was on par with VZ in 2011-01; not anymore at all in 2012-01; VZ went slightly up, T surely plummeted significantly down! T is no longer in top 10 as of 2012-01!

Yes, content providers purchase network assets from carriers like AT&T [used to be], that one I give you is correct. But not from AT&T, and that's a fact, look at the bloody graphs, AT&T becomes more and more irrelevant day after day.
Zoder
Miami, FL

Zoder to Merlin37

to Merlin37

said by Merlin37:

The new 40Gbps MPLS network in the US went online last month and is the first of it's kind domestically. Google, Amazon, Netflix and all of those other content providers purchase some or most of their network assets from carriers like AT&T. They are not tier 1 global networks.

I believe you but it's funny considering the corporate line that these companies don't pay at&t their fair share for bandwidth.

WhyMe420, certainly if you use that much a month you have to take the caps into account. FWIW we now have Charter announcing the following

"According to Charter, the standard 30 meg service will cost $50 a month, while their Ultra 100 will be an additional $60. The move does appear to be frustrating some of the users in our forums who were happy with slower speeds and slightly lower bills and say they don't need 30 Mbps."

Hopefully these actions by multiple competitors will start to have an effect on at&t's pricing.
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA to ConstantineM

Premium Member

to ConstantineM

Re: at&t is already deep at the bottom of tier 1 networks

You're confusing two things. They are a MASSIVE global backbone provider.

They also suck at last-mile. With that kind of bandwidth on the backbone, they should be able to deliver 1gbps to every home and apartment in their service area. But they don't.
Merlin37
join:2012-06-08
Dallas, TX

Merlin37 to ConstantineM

to ConstantineM
said by ConstantineM:

What an utter bullshit. AT&T becomes more irrelevant in the international arena day after day.

»www.renesys.com/blog/201 ··· on.shtml

I don't really care about an Internet traffic report. That just means that AT&T is providing more wholesale backbone assets to other providers. Just because AT&T doesn't provide it at layer 3 doesn't mean they are providing it as raw backbone to those carriers.

»money.cnn.com/magazines/ ··· ies/157/

»money.cnn.com/magazines/ ··· ll_list/

This is called scoreboard. If the 11th largest company in the US and 30th largest in the world (both TOPS in telecommunications) is irrelevant, then you need medical attention.
said by ConstantineM:

Continue offering your pathetic 18/1.5 when your competitors are pushing 75/35 in the same price range and over the same technologies for home users, and continue pushing consumer-grade non-business 2Wire crap for small businesses, and see how long it'll be until you are no longer included in any Tier 1 graphs whatsoever. AT&T is already positioned towards the bottom as is, and that study above with the graph is for 2011, and it's only going down. From the third cluster graph, you can notice that T was on par with VZ in 2011-01; not anymore at all in 2012-01; VZ went slightly up, T surely plummeted significantly down! T is no longer in top 10 as of 2012-01!

To not be in the top 10, it sure does look like AT&T is number one on the Fortune 500 lists I referenced above. They must be wrong because some Internet forum blowhard says it isn't so
said by ConstantineM:

Yes, content providers purchase network assets from carriers like AT&T [used to be], that one I give you is correct. But not from AT&T, and that's a fact, look at the bloody graphs, AT&T becomes more and more irrelevant day after day.

I'm pretty sure the content providers are purchasing network assets from AT&T today and will continue to do so as they operate the largest global network in the world.

This irrelevant word you keep using. I do not think you know what it means.
doubleohwhat
join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat

Merlin, do you happen to know what kind of equipment this new profile will require? I've heard that it will require an iNID outside and I've also heard that it will require a new indoor gateway that will handle the pair bonding. I'm curious which one of those is correct (if either).

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

So basically Merlins argument is:

'We have the fastest network in the world just google it' (Which is funny because that only links to Merlins comment..), or

'We'll have faster speeds soon' then when pressed to give facts or shown facts:

'We have the most money neener neener!'

Why is anyone listening to this obtuse hyperbole from this at&t worker/fanboy/shareholder? He has been high on at&t praise and hasn't provided any real facts on pretty much anything.
WhyMe420
Premium Member

1 recommendation

WhyMe420 to David0417

Premium Member

to David0417

Wow, only on page 3 and this thread is already a pissing match, which is ultimately what got the last "45Mb" thread closed.
Expand your moderator at work

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

1 edit

mackey to Anon

Premium Member

to Anon

said by Merlin37:

The only reason AT&T is on those lists is because of their wireless division. A company can still make money in one sector while becoming irrelevant in a different sector. AT&T as a whole isn't going anywhere, but they are quickly becoming irrelevant as a last-mile wireline provider.

Want the absolute cheapest connection no matter how slow the speed? Go with AT&T, the budget provider.
Want the fastest connection offered at a reasonable price for said speed? Go with almost everyone else.

/M
Expand your moderator at work