Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Thoughts on this 2.1 system

I hope this is the forum best-suited for this. Was thinking of getting these for the computer--what do you think of them in terms of quality at the $100 price-point? Is there a better system out there in the same price-range?

»www.logicbuy.com/deals/l ··· 599.aspx

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

id say its pretty good but i prefer using my Yamaha 2 speaker stereo (its an old stereo) system on mine.
has way better sound then any pc speaker system ive tried.
im also using 16 inch woofers with midrange and tweeters (also old speakers)
something about that warm fuzzy feeling old systems used to give.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD

sk1939 to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
For the money, the Kiplisch 2.1 ProMedias sound better to me.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I assuming you mean these: »www.logicbuy.com/deals/k ··· 945.aspx

Any idea on how they compare to the original Logitech Z-2300s? I have the opportunity to pick up a used pair for $100 and was wondering if they were considered superior to the Klipsch's.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

1 edit

sk1939

Premium Member

Both are good, better than the original pair you listed. As far as the Z2300 goes, the Klipsch has a brighter sound, but you should hear both in person.

Edit: Also, the Z2300 has an external volume control while the Klipsch has it on the speakers themselves.

royphil345
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
Lakewood, OH

1 edit

royphil345 to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
I recently bought the Klipsch. I do like them and they get pretty loud for little guys. They are a touch bright sounding, but I get used to it after a couple minutes of listening and they sound fine. It actually seems to help clear up dialog when listening to talk or watching movies at low volume. I don't feel like I'm straining to hear like with my old speakers at times. They are smooth sounding and not bright sounding in a grating way like some speakers can be. The sub plays lower than my old one did, but it sounds like maybe there's a bit of a gap between the sub and sats. Nothing terrible... they sound reasonably full.

I haven't heard the new Logitech Z623. From what I've read, some people seemed disappointed compared to the older Z-2300 model, which is why I went with the Klipsch. I bet they're not bad though and you couldn't really go wrong either way.