how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rolfrykken

join:2006-02-08
Washington, DC

[Services] Earthlink DSL down for 4 days Washington, DC area

Bad thunderstorms 4 days ago caused major problems in the Washington, DC, including DSL outages for Earthlink and, presumably, Verizon, the major provider Earthlink works with. I no longer have a landline, but I've been using Bluetooth dialup with my cellphone. Weird, but doesn't seem as slow as landline dialup (that I can remember from so long ago).

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
said by rolfrykken:

DSL outages for Earthlink and, presumably, Verizon, the major provider Earthlink works with. I no longer have a landline,

Did you sign up for the stand alone DSL Earthlink used to offer in Verizon territories or do you have Earthlink DSL that was installed to a POTS line that you recently canceled the POTS part? There is a huge difference in the two types of setups.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

rolfrykken

join:2006-02-08
Washington, DC
Hi, I have standalone DSL.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
OK, Cool. That is what you need when you no longer have a POTS line.

whfsdude
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC
reply to rolfrykken
Have you opened a ticket with Earthlink yet? It's unlikely they'll notice this and fix it without you letting them know.

Judi_ELink

@charter.com
reply to rolfrykken
Hi Rolfykken.

Wanted to check in to see if your connection is back up. If you have any issues please contact the EarthLink Social Media Team at: social@corp.earthlink.net.

Judi
Director|Marketing
EarthLink