uniqs
share rss forum feed

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO

[CATV] Buying a subscribtion for someone else

My parents have Cox cable in Ohio, before I navigate my way through their endless customer service hell, I'm curious to see if anyone knows this question.

I want to buy my Dad NHL Center Ice this season. I am not a Cox subscriber and do not live at their residence. Can I do this or will they [my parents] have to make the actual call?

Thanks
--
What smells like blue?

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

1 edit
if you know the master email and password you should be able to order online.

»ww2.cox.com/residential/omaha/tv···v_011212

make sure it's there local page to make sure it works.

Cox_Elaine

@cox.net
reply to Omega
As ajwees41 mentioned, you would be able to order the package by logging into our website using the primary Cox user ID.

If ordered by phone, the account holder or a listed authorized user would be the only ones with the ability to request subscription. Hope this helps! =)

-Elaine B.
Cox Communications

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
Elaine off topic, but if the subscription is ordered via web can the payments be split monthly or is it charged in one lump sum?

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
reply to Cox_Elaine
Thanks for the info!

bbeesley
VIP
join:2003-08-07
Richardson, TX
kudos:5
reply to Cox_Elaine
said by Cox_Elaine :

-Elaine B.
Cox Communications

Careful folks, this was posted by an anonymous poster and not someone on the authorized poster list

»Cox HSI Forum FAQ »Who are the authorized Cox employees that provide support on this forum?

Any information they may offer should be taken with a grain of salt.

For the OP, I used to pay for another family member's service when they had Cox and when it later became Suddenlink but this was many moons ago and I was a Cox employee at the time.

I would suggest calling in to ask if this can be done and what information they will need to authorize it to your father's account.

XIII

join:2010-06-16
Scottsdale, AZ
reply to ajwees41
Can also pretend to be your father on the phone....

odog
Cable Centric Vendor Biased
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
kudos:17
reply to Omega
if you haven't already solved this send me some info and I'll try to find the right people. Are you trying to do this as a gift or something?

Cox_Elaine

@lvcablemodem.com
reply to bbeesley
Ajeees41, you may request to have the NHL package billed as 1 charge or in 4 installments. This may be slightly different since I'm with Cox Las Vegas but if you can provide me a zip code, I'll be able to confirm this information.

Omega, you're very welcome; happy to help!

Bbeesley, I understand your concerns, but I am in fact with Cox Communications. However, it appears that the contacts on the provided link (specifically Las Vegas) are incorrect. I'm a Cox Social Media representative and you may verify this on my Twitter page at: »twitter.com/cox_elaine or on the contact page for Cox Las Vegas Facebook at: »www.facebook.com/CoxLasVegas/app···86849781

-Elaine B.
Cox Communications

bbeesley
VIP
join:2003-08-07
Richardson, TX
kudos:5
said by Cox_Elaine :

I'm a Cox Social Media representative and you may verify this on my Twitter page at: »twitter.com/cox_elaine or on the contact page for Cox Las Vegas Facebook at: »www.facebook.com/CoxLasVegas/app···86849781

Elaine, if you are an approved poster for Cox you need to signup for an account here - not post anonymously - and them PM PapaSmurf or CoxJimR to be added to the list of approved posters maintained here so that your identity is assured...hit up Juergan in public affairs there in Vegas if you need more info

of course, as a Social Media representative we would expect you to already know that. <grin>

note that normally I would have sent this to you as a private message but since you are posting anonymously that is not possible