how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kevver

join:2003-12-11
Palatine, IL

[HD] Local channels fade during hot weather

At the place I work, the signal fades during hot weather, specifically on hot sunny days when the temp goes well above 80 degrees. This happens on the local channels, but not the SD versions of those channels (200's). (No STB). In the morning everything is ok, but later the channels start getting very blocky and eventually cut out altogether.
Is this a common complaint? This is in Elgin/West Dundee, IL

videonex

join:2001-07-22

There is a poor connection outside that is expanding when it gets hot and causes frequency specific high resistance. Call for service. Usually replacing all of the connectors and/or splitters located outdoors will cure it.

FIB

@comcast.net

I have the same issue. HD of NBC is the first hit and then HD of CBS. THese are on 188 and 189. I wonder why just those and maybe 1 or 2 more in that channel range. Higher channels and lower channels are note affected.

videonex

join:2001-07-22

As I indicated to the OP, the temperature changes often affect very specific frequency ranges hence the very selective channel issues. Really common is the effect on the internet upstream channels. Nothing else is affected. The issue can be as bad as old cable lines needing replacement but 98% of the time, replacing all outdoor connectors and splitters will do the trick.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to FIB

said by FIB :

I have the same issue. HD of NBC is the first hit and then HD of CBS. THese are on 188 and 189. I wonder why just those and maybe 1 or 2 more in that channel range. Higher channels and lower channels are note affected.

the channels on your box do not correlate to channels/frequencies on the cable it self....your box maps them to specific tunable channels
--
I'm better than you!