share rss forum feed

Nanoprobe
Looking for cures in memory of Mom
Premium
join:2003-05-11
Crab Nebula
kudos:2

[FireFox] Annoying Plugins Banner

Is there any way to disable the annoying some plugins used by this page are out of date banner that appears at some websites. I've searched but none of the solutions I found by searching have worked.
Thanks.

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium
join:2000-05-14
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Suddenlink
Never found a way to avoid it and so far I've found equivalent sites that either check more accurately or are more forgiving.

Some of the pages I've run across giving this error are at fault due to the way they check the version. I have the latest version of all plugins and yet they give the error. Also, some scamming sites don't send you to a legit site, but one of their own.
--
"Don't shoot, I am Che Guevara and I am worth more to you alive than dead." - his last words.

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium
join:2007-08-13
Philippines
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Nanoprobe
Change "about:config" setting "plugins.hide_infobar_for_outdated_plugin" to True.
--
Chris
Living in Paradise!!

Nanoprobe
Looking for cures in memory of Mom
Premium
join:2003-05-11
Crab Nebula
kudos:2
Reviews:
·magicjack.com

Change "about:config" setting "plugins.hide_infobar_for_outdated_plugin" to True.

I've changed a couple of other settings in about:config to true but yours is the one that worked. Thanks.

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium
join:2000-05-14
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Suddenlink
reply to chrisretusn
said by chrisretusn:

Nice!
--
"Don't shoot, I am Che Guevara and I am worth more to you alive than dead." - his last words.